Friday, June 4, 2010

Re-Decorating: Seating

Only recently have I started being caring about what my room looks like and making it into my own unique space. I bought this bed set about a year ago from Delia*s, and I still love it. I also bought a very cute bulletin board to match (I'll take pictures of all this for you later, after I clean up my room. It's a bit messy right now). But, there is this corner that just has a plastic blue bin that holds all my wii games and miscellaneous things that don't have a home in my room, and it does not look cute at all. I'm looking for some sort of chair or couch to put there.

In an ideal Gracey World, I would have a bathtub couch like the one in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've spent a lot of time trying to find one, and I did indeed find my dream couch on Etsy.



Click here to find it on Etsy.

Cute, right? It's even a Tiffany Blue-ish color on the outside. I love it. But what I don't love, is the price tag. $1,700! And as far as comfort goes, I'm not too sure if this would be a winner. But, if I had large sums of money, I would buy this in a heartbeat. No fear though, one day I will have my bathtub couch!

Etsy teases me a lot. I found another couch that I really like, but again, the price is just too high for my little $8 and hour budget.


Click here to find it on Etsy.

It's black and white, which matches my bedroom. It's antique, which also matches my bedroom (well, my bedroom isn't antique, just antique accents). But if I were to spend $2,000 on something now, it would probably be a new laptop or go on a major shopping spree. Or, you know, be responsible and pay back my credit card bill.

Now, I did find something I liked a little on the cheaper side (which I still can't afford right now, but it's a heck of a lot better than the $2,000 one) at Urban Outfitters.


Click here to find it at UO.

It's very Marie Antoinette! I guess that's why they call it an Antionette Fainting Sofa. I really like the color, and I think it matches the blue accents in my room. They also have a light pink version which I also like, and might be good to add a pop of pink here and there.

Anyway, I'm not planning on buying anything big until I get my credit card completely paid off, so I might just stick to little things for now. I'll post pictures for ya'll so you can get the full effect of Gracey World :)

Any suggestions? Would you pay that much for the antique sofa or the bathtub couch? Are you re-decorating too? Let me know what you think!

No comments: