Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I'm Designing a Website! (Kind of)

I'm designing a website! Well...kind of...not really. It's my boyfriend's website and he's put me in charge of the whole design and set up process. I had forgotten how much of a process it is starting from the ground up since all I do is make tweaks to mine when I need to.

He also wants me to design him a logo. I know nothing about logo making and I have not studied a damn thing about graphic design other than some reading on the internet and some things that I've pinned on Pinterest. I don't think I'm qualified for the job but I'm flattered that he thinks I am. (I don't know if he actually thinks I am or if I'm his only option, hehe).

If I've learned anything throughout this experience, it's that designing websites/graphic design isn't something that I want to do with my life. Funny though, because when I was graduating high school it was a path I was considering. Glad I didn't follow through with that!

Anyway, the process has somehow inspired me to do some revamping of my own. I found this article, titled "How to Make Your Blogger Blog Not Look Like A, Um, Blogger Blog" and even though some of the tips are subtle, they do make a difference! I didn't realize getting rid of the Blogger navbar at the top of my page would make such a difference, but it did!

So, hats of to all of you website and graphic designers. I don't see how you put up with the demanding clients constantly changing their minds and acting like you have nothing else to do in your life *glares at boyfriend*. It's fine though, I'm happy to be part of his website!

Update: Here is the finished product! Infrareality.com

What subtle (or not so subtle) tips do you have for revamping or freshening up your blog?






3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great work here on Infrareality.com! The website design looks really cool. You beat one's brain out to do your best. Thumbs up!

mind.it said...

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. leading web developer in pakistan