Sunday, May 15, 2016

Alcoholic (Non-Liquor) Drinks for Summer

Liquor and I seem to not be getting along too well lately. It's so unfortunate too, because I love it so much. I can't tell if it's the liquor, or the switching between non-liquor drinks (beer/wine) and liquor drinks that gets me in trouble.

Either way, I'm taking a bit of a break from liquor drinks for a while. I've been sticking to beer for the most part, even though I admittedly did take a few shots when I was out with my friends the other night and I was fine. 

Beer gets boring after a while, and I fear the dreaded beer belly especially with summer just beginning. I'm now on the hunt for some super delicious but still alcoholic drinks, just sans liquor. 

1. Strawberry Pineapple Mimosa


Ingredients: 

- 1 1/2 cups orange juice 
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice 
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine, chilled 
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced 

Instructions: 

- Mix orange juice and pineapple juice in a pitcher.  
- Pour mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill the rest with white wine. 
- Garnish with strawberries. 
- Serve immediately. 

2. Peach Bellinis 


Ingredients: 

- 1 part peach puree or peach nectar 
- 2 parts Prosecco 

Instructions: 

- Place pureed peaches or peach nectar in a champagne flute.  
- Carefully pour in Prosecco, wait for bubbles to go down, continue to pour, and stir. 
- Serve immediately. 

3. Strawberry Rose Wine Mojito


Ingredients: 

- 2 lime wedges
- 1 large or 2 small strawberries, diced 
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon agave 
- 1/2 cup chilled rosé
- 1/4 cup chilled club soda 
- Ice 

Instructions: 

- Combine the lime, strawberries, mint, and agave in a glass and muddle gently with a spoon. 
- Add the wine, club soda and ice. 
- Stir and serve. 

4. Year-Round Summer Shandy 


Ingredients: 

- 1 part wheat or other light beer
- 1 part lemonade 
- Splash of ginger ale for extra fizz (optional) 

Instructions: 

- Mix beer, lemonade, and ginger ale in a glass. 
- Stir and enjoy! 

5.  Port of Havana 


Ingredients: 

- 3 oz. white port 
- 0.75 oz. lime juice
- 0.5 oz. vanilla syrup
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters 
- 1 dash Bittermens Hopped Grapefruit Bitters 
- Ice 
- Lime wheels for garnishing 

Instructions: 

- Mix all ingredients together (except lime wheels) in a cocktail shaker until chilled. 
- Strain into a coupe glass. 
- Garnish with a lime wheel if desired.  




Hopefully these 5 cocktails will give you a little inspiration for the summer. Of course, you can always modify them if you'd like. 

It's always nice to have a break from your typical glass of wine or bottle of beer, especially if you're on a liquor strike like I am. 


What's your favorite summer drink right now? I'm really feeling the Bellini love myself! 



9 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

So yummy!

xoxox,
CC

Elle Sees said...

these all sound so yummy and refreshing!

erika sorocco said...

These all look divine - especially the Bellinis and Mimosas!

xx

Lenya said...

All these drinks looks delicious. Esp the strawberry mojito.......
Happy new week, doll.
xox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle

jeanne christine said...

These look amazing! I personally cannot drink alcohol that doesn't taste yummy so I would totally be up for these. ;)

www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
* Instagram * Facebook *

Marcela Gmd said...

Delicious post!!!
Would you like to follow each other? let me know and I follow you back.
Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Abby said...

YAAAAAS! I need these in my life right now!

xx,
www.houseofakih.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

All of these sound delish even without alcohol! YUM!

Audrey Allure said...

These all sound delicious!

(new URL!) http://www.audrey-allure.com
xx Audrey