Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Resolutions Part 2

I know this wasn't for this summer, but I did a post a while back talking about my summer resolutions at the that time. I figured I'd take the time to boast about the ones I completed, and list the ones I still need to do and add new ones. Unfinished resolutions in red, completed resolutions in green, and new resolutions in blue. There is only one, but there is one "iffy" resolution.

1. Drink coconut water-- I tried, I really did. I tried everything from Zico to Vita Coco to some other brands that I can't think of. I just don't like the taste, for some reason they taste kind of like tomato V8 but only slightly sweeter. I'll stick to water.

2. Do more blog posts-- I say this ALL the time, but I never stick to it. I have some reviews stacked up, but my lighting sucks everywhere in my house and I can't get good pictures. I'm vowing to actually post regularly now. Promise!

3. Read more books-- Not as many books as I'd like, but I have been reading more. Everything from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Giver, to the Phenomenology of Perception and The Conscious of the Atom. My problem is that I read whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment. I think I'm reading 3 books at once now, and it's taking me forever.

4. Yoga-- Just like the reading, I have started doing yoga. Only not as often as I'd like to. But I have seen improvement, in body strength and flexibility and even in everyday life things. I used to have extremely poor digestion very frequently to only feeling nauseous/uncomfortable a very rare occasion. It might be a coincidence, but who knows. It might be a mental thing, but I feel better overall.

5. Learn calligraphy-- For some reason, I became fascinated and in love with fountain pens. They are so smooth to write with, and they make my cursive look amazing. They can be waaaay more expensive than a whole pack of BIC Pens, but I'd say they're worth it once you get used to writing with them. You can also pick from so many ink colors it's not even funny. As a step up from just writing in cursive, calligraphy is beautiful and so damn hard! I'm impressed by all of you who can write lovely calligraphy words and phrases.

6. Don't wait until the last minute to do my summer reading-- I don't have any summer reading anymore since I'm not in school. I'm just going to leave this with the above post about reading more books.

7. Save my money and not blow my paychecks on beauty products-- I FINALLY (and by finally I mean a few days ago) was able to re-open my savings account. I wouldn't really say I saved money, but I didn't really gain much either. I also blew my paychecks, just on a few different things than beauty products. Like Dominos Pizza, mainly so I can get their lava cakes. Mmmmm…

8. World of Warcraft-- I know, I know. My boyfriend payed for it the first time and unfortunately I got hooked. I'm stuck on level 88 and I'm trying to get to 90. It just seems like no matter hard I try I can't get past 88. It's frustrating, dammit! Don't get talked in to playing, it's money you don't want to be wasting. But it is fun and addicting. Don't buy it!


Did you make any summer resolutions last year, and did you follow through with them? Are you going to make any resolutions for this summer? What will they be?


No comments: