Thursday, December 31, 2015

Sensitive Skin Woes

Since I'm attempting to transform into a functional domestic diva, I have to make sure I see to both my needs and John's. John is just a damn mess. He can't eat wheat or milk, and has super sensitive skin. He is itchy all the time.

He switched from whatever body wash he was using to fragrance free soaps, and we switched laundry detergents as well. Right now he is using Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash, which seems to be a lot better for his skin that Old Spice or whatever he was using before, but he is still very itchy.


We've also switched to Tide Free & Gentle Detergent for our laundry and that has made a noticeable improvement as well. These were suggestions given to us by his grandparents because his grandmother has a similar sensitive skin issue, so I guess it runs in the family. 


Diet probably has a bit to do with it as well. He tries to stay away from wheat and cow's milk as much as possible (it really is in everything, it's kind of insane). 

I just feel like there are better alternatives to Tide and Dove that might still be better for his skin. No offense to Tide and Dove, I adore you two. I am using Dove soap for myself as well right now. And don't get me wrong, they have made noticeable improvements to his skin in contrast to the other non-sensitive skin products he was previously using.  

He can't use anything with dyes or fragrance, so if you have similar sensitive skin issues, please let me know what you use! If he can find some detergent and body wash that will work for his skin he will be willing to dish out the money I'm sure. 

That being said, what are your new years plans?! I hope you all have a good transition into 2016!  

One more thing, if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you might've seen that I found my things from Two Krafty Chicks that got ignored/lost when I was moving my things to a different house back in May! A few of the stickers got a little damaged unfortunately, but to make up for my awfulness I went to Target yesterday and bought some things to add to the giveaway! Stay tuned!  

2 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Love that Tide!
Happy NYE, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour) said...

Happy new year! :)
you know im only allergic to one thing and its that Benefit concealer Boi-ing its so strange!

www.beautyandtheboy.com