Sunday, May 23, 2010

5 Favorite (Recent) Beauty Buys for the Summer

Aveeno Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion

Ok, playing soccer has given me a seriously messed up tan, and it was very hard to fix. I had a farmers tan from wearing short sleeve shirts, a shorts tan, and a high sock tan! I figured that since it would take a long time to fix it by tanning (which by the way, I am trying to stop doing. No skin cancer for me!) that I would try out a self tanner. This lotion does not give immediate tan, however. After a few uses it will gradually deepen your skin color AND moisturize! And the best part, it doesn't smell bad like a lot of other self tanners. I would totally reccomend this product.

Neutrogena Spectrum Advanced Face Sunblock

Also because of soccer, I was constantly out in the hot hot sun. My face does not tan at all, instead, it burns. I don't know about everybody else, but I do NOT want to expose my face to that much sun, because it will lead to wrinkles! This sunblock is spf 100+ and does not make your face look greasy or sunscreen-y, if that makes sense. It doesn't cause breakouts either! It is by far the best sunblock I have ever used.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer

Sometimes I did forget to apply my sunscreen, and ended up with a nasty sunburn on my face. My face is naturally more red than most people's so this anti-redness primer by L'Oreal makes my face look about 10x's better! I apply it after my moisturizer and then put my foundation on top of it and my skin looks GREAT! Be warned though, if you do not use foundation after the primer, it may leave parts of your skin looking like it has a strange green-ish color.

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

I got a sample of this makeup in a magazine, and decided to try it out one day. Usually I don't try samples from magazines, and when I do, I usually don't like them that much. But this foundation is great! The ads say it will help clear acne when you use it, but I haven't been using it long enough to know if it does that. I will do an update post on this makeup once I figure it out though! But, it evens out my skintone very well and it blends really nicely too. It isn't too heavy and looks very natural

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

I think these speak for themselves. If you have oily skin, these are great to keep in your purse or even your wallet this summer (and fall and winter and spring). I use them every morning and I keep them in my purse so if my face gets a little too oily throughout the day, all I have to do is dab one of these babies all over my face and BAM no more oil :) They are easy to carry, dispose of, and best of all, they do not smudge your makeup off!

No comments: