Thursday, August 16, 2012

Coola Rose Essence Tinted Mineral Sunscreen Review


I know many of you are familiar with Hautelook.com. If you aren't, it's a website you sign up for and they have sales that last for a few days and you can generally get good deals on clothes that would otherwise cost a fortune. I saw one day that they were having a Coola sale. And if you aren't familiar with Coola, they are company who makes organic sun care products. They can be quite expensive, so I jumped on this sale as soon as I saw it. 

I ended up getting the Coola Face Rose Essence Mineral Sunscreen. This particular sunscreen has a tint and is SPF 20. Here's what the product claims to do:


My thoughts: The first thing I love about it is that it is chemical free and is certified organic. The less chemicals the better! The tint is quite light, so darker skinned people should be warned before trying this out since it only comes in one shade :(. It blended very easily and it did not leave my face sticky or dry, it had a nice natural finish to it. I like to wear this if I want to even my skin tone and protect my face for a day at the beach. The wear time was good, I still had a decent amount on my face even after laying out and sweating at the beach. If you go in the water, that might be a different story. I use this from time to time when I don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup or in between products. The bottle claims to be light enough to wear under makeup, but I wasn't too fond of that feeling. I tried it but it felt like my skin couldn't breathe with so much product.

The only real issue I had with this product was the scent. I'm not too fond of floral scents and it stuck on my face for hours, and when I applied powder over it, it smelled slightly metallic.

Overall I was impressed! Organic products have a tendency to disappoint me but this one definitely did not.

Best for: Light sun protection when out in the sun. A light tint and light sun protection for everyday use. Lighter skinned people. Evening out skin tone for daily use or in between products. People who are looking for a good organic/chemical free sunscreen or light tint.
Would I recommend it?: Yes, as long as a slight floral scent does not bother you. And the shade thing might be a problem for a lot of people, since the tint is so light and it only comes in one shade.

Where can I buy it?: 
Coolasuncare.com



6 comments:

LeeLee said...

Oh, interesting. I'm going to give this product a try. Thanks for recommending it.

Couture Carrie said...

Fab review!
I like the idea of a tinted sunscreen!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

This is a great review! I prefer their unscented sunblock for my face - for the same reason!

If you are looking for a discount on Coola, our beauty startup, gloss48.com, is currently featuring their sunblock at 33%+ off. The sale ends Wednesday, 8/22. You have to sign up for a membership, but it's free to join!

erika sorocco said...

Great review, Gracey! I like the fact that it has a tint; though I can't say that I would be too crazy over the floral scent either. :/

Unknown said...

Great review, sounds like a really nice light-weight product! I would be fine with the floral scent, so long as it didn't make me break out in hives! I am allergic to a lot of perfumes in products =(
xx

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Audrey Allure said...

Great review!