Saturday, July 12, 2014

Inspired by: Stevie Nicks!

For the rest of the summer, I'm going to be stealing Stevie Nicks's style. I LOVE Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. Seriously I'm obsessed. I found making this post very difficult, because it's pretty hard to imitate her style. Mostly bohemian but she takes it a liiiitle further.

"I think they all went too far. Their jeans got too low, their tops got too see-through. Personally, I think that sexy is keeping yourself mysterious. I'm really an old-fashioned girl, and I think I'm totally sexy" -Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks


stevie nicks boho

Flowy everything was a staple in her style. ALWAYS had long necklaces, a big cross necklace, or a moon necklace.

Stevie Nicks Bell Bottoms



There's an oh so famous shawl that she always wears and twirls around in. And of course, some aviators to top off the look! I was surprised at the amount of cute bell bottoms there are!

leather and lace


Stevie was always famous for wearing a bunch of black at once (glad I'm not the only one, practically my whole closet is black -___-) I just added a shawl, because we know how much she loves those, and a red lip just for some color. Side note: Leather and Lace is a Stevie Nicks song, just to clear that up.

Get a Stevie Nicks-esque crescent moon charm! You can wear it pretty much with anything. They have one on Amazon but I'm sure you can find them on Etsy or in another store. Halloween stores will probably be carrying them too. 


If you can manage to find a dress or a shawl THAT flowy and free, go for it. I had a really hard time trying to find something that would do her justice. Again, you can probably find one on Etsy or something. They would be awesome when it starts getting colder, too. 



Oh, did you know she made an appearance on American Horror Story? Yup! A character in that season named Misty completely idolized Stevie Nicks, and she made an appearance! 



What do you think? Do you like Fleetwood Mac and/or Stevie Nicks as much as I am currently? My favorite songs right now are Tusk and Seven Wonders right now, check them out! 
Would you try to dress like Stevie Nicks on a regular basis? Use her as a bohemian inspiration? Or play it safe and save it for Halloween? 



7 comments:

erika sorocco said...

That Crescent Moon Charm is brilliant! I LOVE Stevie - she is such an incredible talent!!

xx

Couture Carrie said...

Love the inspiration and the looks, especially #3!

xoxox,
CC

Holly said...

love the boho looks!

from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

Elle Sees said...

totally talked to her last week at work! as in i answered the phone and she was calling!

Lauren said...

she is my all time favorite! florence welch reminds me a lot of her too.

thanks for your sweet comment :)

Unknown said...

She isn't great person to take inspiration from. I love all the looks. The first is my favorite and the crescent necklace is lovely! I love her quite too about fashion now. Well said.
Www.theurbanumbrella.com

Allison said...

I grew up listening to Stevie, so I've always seen her as such a positive style icon. LOVE!
I thought she was cute on American Horror Story, though I hated the season finale this year - it felt like a music video for Stevie more than a wrap up of a great season. Love the boho style though - it's perfect!