Thursday, May 7, 2015

Review: Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara


Sigh...I can't seem to win. My camera is god knows where and I dropped my phone in Walgreens and it's gone to phone heaven, so I couldn't get any good pictures for this post. I could take some on my Macbook or iPad but they'd be such terrible quality you'd be better off going to Google images for pictures. I got this mascara and the Intensify Me! liquid liner in an Influenster Vox Box. Liquid liner review coming at some point soon-ish hopefully.



^taken from Covergirl's Twitter page. But it's an accurate picture of what the brush looks like. 

It's described is:
"The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara gives you 400% more corner-to-corner volume for full, fanned out lashes. Our amazing Lash Styler transforms even small lashes - just twirl as you apply it to your lashes for an Instantly Super Sized lash look. Opthalmologically tested, suitable for those who wear contact lenses" 

Obviously the 400% part is just a ridiculous marketing claim. 

At first I didn't know you were supposed to twirl the brush as you apply it - I've never done that movement before and it felt kind of unnatural to me. When I was applying it came out pretty clumpy, but using the twirl method has minimized the clumps a significant amount. The brush is small and a little wiggly. Wand size/sturdiness never really bothers me as long as it still applies well, but I know it bothers some people. 

They weren't lying about the corner-to-corner part, this mascara gets ALL of my lashes. I didn't even know my inner eyelashes could look that long. The length this mascara gives is pretty insane. It didn't do much in the volume department though. I do wear contacts and this didn't bother my eyes which is good, but mascaras usually don't bother them anyway. 

The bottle is pretty chunky, like all of the other Covergirl LashBlast mascaras. Not a huge deal but annoying if you're trying to save space in your makeup bag/purse. 

I've been wearing it for ~4 days in a row now and it stays put, even when I do my lower lashes. It was also raining today and I didn't have coon eyes. 


I would definitely repurchase this mascara. I think I can sacrifice the lack of volume for the length, but if you're looking for both volume AND length this probably won't cut it for you. The only other mascara that gave me this kind of length was the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara



No comments: