Saturday, August 22, 2015

Remember Vera Bradley?


Was Vera Bradley just popular in the south? I remember in middle and high school everyone had a Vera Bradley something. Those $34 lunch bags were pretty damn popular. 




I'm sure you all remember these pricey paisley print cotton quilted bags. It was like everyone at the same time lost interest in Vera Bradley. I'm not a huge fan of the designs, but I have a large Vera Bradley tote bag that I use as an overnight bag, and that thing has lasted at least 6 or 7 years. 

Today I saw an ad in Seventeen and it sparked my curiosity a little bit (effective advertising). 


I don't understand the "I am" part, but it caught my attention for some reason. Anyway, I checked out the site out of curiosity. The printed quilted cotton bags are still available, the brand has branched out and has some solid color leather bags available as well. They are expensive, but it might be time to revisit Vera Bradley. Here are some Vera Bradley items available right now that I wouldn't mind owning. 



2. Soft Fringe Scarf in Emerald Geometric - the scarves are definitely worth checking out. 
4. Teardrop Earrings in Marrakesh - I don't think I'd like this pattern on a bag but I adore it on these earrings. 

 So there you have it, Vera Bradley might become relevant again, we'll see! 

Were you ever a Vera Bradley fan? What do you think of the new and improved brand? 

My Anjolee.com necklace giveaway ends on the 25th, so make sure you enter! 



6 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Vera Bradley is still pretty big here in CT among a certain set. I've never been a fan but I'm not big on florals ;)

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

Amazing bag! Love it. :) Have a wonderful week!

xo, Bry

PokerNight.Naughty&Nice

erika sorocco said...

LOVE the Quilted Backpack - so on point for fall!

xx

Jax said...

Vera Bradley was popular in NY also and it still is. $34 for a lunch bag is probably only an additional $5 to the inexpensive ones at Target. I call that a designer bargain. Lol

Heather said...

I still love Vera Bradley - my favorite bags are their oversized duffle bags. Quality stuff with fun and colorful patterns

XO
Heather

C said...

I think Vera is still pretty popular. Tons of IRL friends and bloggers still buy it. I have a couple makeup bags and a huge navy weekender that I love. I just bought a tiny crossbody too, that's small enough to take into NFL games.