Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Recipe: Chocolate no bake cookies

Ok, this is my first ever recipe post. Yay! These are the cookies that I made for my dad on father's day, and I have to say they are my favorite cookies ever. The recipe was introduced to me by a friend a loooong time ago. So, here we go!

Ingredients:
-2 cups sugar
-4 tablespoons cocoa
-1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
-1 cup peanut butter
-1 tablespoon vanilla
-3 cups oats/oatmeal
-waxed paper

Directions:
In a saucepan, bring the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk to a boil. Let boil for one minute, then add peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal. Quickly spoon out by teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Cookies will harden as they cool.


1

Not very attractive cookies, but trust me, they are DELICIOUS. Anybody who I've given them to really cannot eat just one.

17 comments:

Elizabeth Faraday said...

oh those are so so good!!! thanks for putting out the recipe! great post!

elizabethfaraday.blogspot

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I don't see how anything with chocolate and peanut butter could be bad. And, they sound super easy! Can't wait to try this next time I have to throw something together for some company.

Josie said...

No-Bake Cookies are the BEST! I didn't know other people actually made them, haha, friends always have them for the first time at my house. So tasty!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

looks different but nice

naveen
http://smsjar.blogspot.com/

Audrey Allure said...

Mmm sounds interesting!

minnja said...

Great recipe!

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

look so yummy..
wanna try it ASAP
tks for share

wanna exchange link??
visit my site, hope u like it :
THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

hug and kiss^^

Anna Walker said...

Oh my gosh! Those look sooooo yummy :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yum! I like the name of your blog :-)

Phuong said...

sounds delicious, want to try it too!

J. said...

I've been meaning to try a recipe like this! I bet they taste sooo good.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

They sound delicious!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

YUMMM I want one. I like that the recipe is sort of easy, it makes me think that maaayyyybeee i can do it!

xoxo, Ashley

PS I don't think I've ever met a cookie that I could eat just one of...

Gets said...

Hey Gracey! :D Yay I'm so gonna try this out. Dyou think I can use melted chocolate instead of cocoa?

Btw I left an award for you at my blog! :D Go check it out <3

Love,
Gets

http://wastedseventeen.blogspot.com/

Gracey Williams said...

Gets- hmm i've never tried it with melted chocolate, but I don't see why not. try it out and let me know how it turns out :)
and yay thanks I'll go check it out! :)

Katy said...

Mmmmm- those look delicious! The best thing about no-bake cookies is hat you can eat them almost immediately!

Chelsea said...

Oh wow...I love no bakes!!! I usually eat the dough instead of waiting for them to harder to cookies though! its like chocolate peeanut butter oatmeal yummm!