Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You and I

Anybody else obsessed with Lady Gaga's new song "You and I"? I can't wait for it to be released, along with her new album. Not sure exactly when that will be, but still excited! I first found out about this song when she tweeted about it, and I've loved it ever since. If you haven't heard it, here you go! (The song actually starts at about 2:35, the rest is interview).



I really wish I could go to a Lady Gaga concert. Concert tickets are somewhere in my unorganized list of "things I want to buy after I pay my credit card bill off". Her performances are usually very interesting and some people would say they are crazy and weird, but you can tell her heart is in it 100%, as demonstrated in this video.

Do you like Lady Gaga? Her music, style, etc? I want to hear your opinions on her, because I know a lot of people think very differently. Negative opinions are perfectly ok, but try not to let this get out of hand (like some of the comments on videos of her on Youtube).

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love it. I'm going to see her tomorrow night and I'm super pumped!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, haven't heard this yet!

Allison said...

I adore her! I think she's fabulous and completely true to herself :) Love this song/video!

Style, She Wrote said...

I love Gaga! Her style is outrageous -- perfect for an entertainer.

Elle said...

I like Gaga sometimes but lately she''s been getting a bit overly dramatic/ saying things that seem to be just for attention more than anything else. That said, I love a lot of her music, and this song you posted is one of the best I've heard from her in the longest time. I loved her stuff at Stefani Germanotta. She has a great voice.

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I've heard that Lady Gaga puts on a really good show, which is really not a surprise. I just missed her when she came to Boston the other week. Tickets sold out so fast!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I have conflicted feelings on Gaga. Maybe she's just too weird for my taste or something, but I think sometimes she just too weird for me. Especially her fashion- she seems to be out there just to be out there. I guess I'm just conservative. Her music is catchy but sometimes the lyrics are just "huh?" which feels off because she seems to value herself as a songwriter. Though in interviews she is very well-spoken. So yeah, I don't know about her persona.

That being said, I really do like the song! Definitely a departure for her, and is it crazy to say it sounds like Billy Joel? It'll probably get overplayed though :/

Gets said...

I haven't heard this song yet. :D But it sounds great! Hmm I do have a great deal of respect for Lady Gaga though I find some of her outfits abit strange bordering on scary. Haha think: Kermit and Cigarette glasses. But I think maybe it has some meaning to her that we don't know about? She loves her Dad alot too, and is a great singer anyway, so I do look up to her for that! ((:

Thanks so much for your comment too! :D If the cookies turn out fine (which is more that I can hope for) I'll mail some over to you to sample. (:

Love,
Gets

PS Just kidding.

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

she is such a one of great singer nowdays. i always love her live perfomance :D

anyway tks for leve comment in my blog, really appreciate it. i'm such a follower now, hope you can follow me back :D

Josie said...

I like her music -- great for car-jamming! The whole outfit thing, though... Well...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Joyti said...

Her stuff always gets stuck in my head!
I am not sure how I feel about her. I don't particularly care for dance or pop generally...