Saturday, July 10, 2010

Blog award!

First of all, I got my hair cut yesterday! Well, it's not much shorter, I just got it thinned and some long layers put in. It doesn't look much different, but I might go back in a few weeks and see if he will give me some bangs or something.

Anyway, the lovely Gets from Wasted Seventeen has passed on a blog award to me :) Thank you Gets, love ya! If you haven't visited her blog, you should! She has such amazing outfits and a great tutorial for a DIY bandage skirt!
Here is the award:


And here are the rules:

1. Thank the person that gave you award.
2. Copy the award and put it on the blog.
3. List 3 things you love about yourself.
4. Post a picture you love.
5. Tag 5 people to pass the award on to.

Easy enough. Thanks again Gets :)

Ok 3 things I love about myself. hmmm...

1. I think positive. In situations where most people can only see bad things, I can usually find at least one good thing, if not more. Same goes for people, I can see good in people rather than bad (well, I do see the bad too).

2. I don't get angry easily, and if I do, I don't stay angry. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I'll count it as a good thing. I have friends to hold grudges over people for the longest time. Or stay mad at somebody for a long time. I say, if they did something to make you that mad, they (usually) aren't worth spending that much time thinking over. Holding bad feelings can be bad for your health (so I hear), so why damage yourself over someone who doesn't even care?

3. If this sounds like I'm bragging, I'm sorry I'm really not. Thanks to my mom's genes, I am really really tiny. Short as well as skinny. It took me a while to like the way I looked, because I used to think I looked like the shrimpy girl in the group. But I hear about everybody's diets and how hard it is to loose weight, and it has made me thankful that I don't (yet) have to worry about that. I am aware that I need to eat healthy and not just pig out on junk food, which I do sometimes. But I am still glad that I have one less thing to worry about.

A picture I love:

From we heart it

Well, it's really the quote that is in the picture that I love. But I constantly have to remind myself of this, and it's really true. Keep it in mind.

5 people I tag (I'm trying not to re-tag people I tagged for my last award)
1. Anna from Acquainted With the Night
2. Trish from Pink Preppy Lilly Lover
3. Elizabeth from Elizabeth Faraday
4. Minnja from minnja style
5. Katie from Fashion's Maven

That's always the hardest part haha.

Ok well that's about it for now. I'll try to get some reviews up for the elf products I bought soon! How was everybody's week? I've been kind of slacking on my blog postings and readings so I'm clueless right now haha.

15 comments:

Elizabeth Faraday said...

ahhhhh thank you so so so much! i love you and your amazing blog! thanks again gracey!

elizabethfaraday.blogspot

Gets said...

You totally deserve it! :D Haha I love that picture, its so so true. And its something good to think about when I recall something dumb in the past haha <3

Love,
Gets

http://wastedseventeen.blogspot.com/

Anna Walker said...

Oh wow! thank You so much for the award! :)

J. said...

congrats on the award! I'm the same way with getting angry! One of the best things I've learned is to let things go and move on - holding all of that anger in is no good! lol

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh congrat's on you award, so great you are such a positive person.

Thank you for your comment on my post at Trish's :)
xoxo DJ

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks so much Gracey! Loved reading all this :) Thank you again for passing it on to me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! And have you tried the tutorial yet?

~ Sarah

la petite fashionista said...

awe, i really love that picture; so very true!!

Gracey Williams said...

Sarah- the bandage skirt one? Not yet, I have yet to find a t-shirt to experiment with haha.

thanks everyone haha :)

Books&Jewels said...

love that pic...so true!

Josie said...

Congratulations on your award, dear! It's so well deserved. I loved reading a bit more about you -- so fun!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

congrats for award


http://smsjar.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

You definitely deserve the award, girl! I'm so happy that things in the blogging world are going well for you - I still owe you a shout out, girl! :)
I loved reading more about you too! And that picture is absolutely wonderful. Hope you had a great weekend, darling!

black n white ladies said...

congratz dear!
acceptin' blog awards is GREAT, you should be proud...;)


ladiesblacknwhite.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Congrats on the award!
And such a great picture - beautiful quote!