Friday, March 27, 2015

Inspired by: Chinese Blue & White Porcelain

My mom LOVES blue and white plates and decorative figurines, and I used to be obsessed with anything oriental (still kind of am actually). I saw some blue and white kitchenware in a shop on King Street yesterday and got a little nostalgic, so I decided to base a blog post on it!

I don't know why so few people have heard of DENY Designs. They have some of the cutest prints and color schemes for any room decor you could possibly want. This shower curtain is in the print "Blueberry", and they have pillows, blankets, duvet covers, wall prints, and a whole lot of other things in this print. 

link 

The Chinese designs are so ornate and beautiful, but the blue and white colors are pretty simple. I think they balance each other out very well. Blue and white porcelain became popular in China in the 14th century, though it was probably around before that. From what I understand, the blue and white porcelain was fairly expensive because it was made with cobalt, which was more expensive than gold at the time.


Oriental 1



This is just a simple little outfit for spring. The blue and white shawl is light and breezy, and has an oriental look to it. I think gold accessories would look nice with this because the porcelain plates and such often had a gold trim on them. Stacked bracelets have been growing on me lately as well. Unfortunately for me, it's hard to find bracelets that fit my tiny wrists.

Gingham


Gingham for spring! This would be adorable for going to a garden party or any outside event for spring really. I went with rose gold instead of gold for this one, no real reason really other than I like rose gold. And stacked bracelets/watch yet again. Just pop on some wedges, grab a cute tote bag and your sunglasses, and you're ready to go!

If anyone can do their nails like this, PLEASE send me a picture. That is ridiculously beautiful. If they are nail stickers, I really need to find them. 

This is a little more doable. I've never tried the OPI Matte Top Coat, or any matte top coat for that matter, but I do like the look.  


Just saying


Just saying, again. 


So, what do you think? Would you decorate your house in some blue and white porcelain? Do you like the oriental influences? Also, let me know what your favorite matte top coat is for nail polish. Seriously, if anyone tries those nails, send me a pic. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally loving the inspiration you managed to find fashionwise based off of this blue and white china!

Rae | love from berlin

erika sorocco said...

Le sigh...how pretty are the looks you put together?! Seriously swooning! Also pertinent: those matte nails. I love a matte mani myself!

xx

The Dragonfruit said...

Ahhh, I'm so inspired now!
I actually have a dress that has a similar print and same color scheme, so I know just how refreshing and lovely this design really is! I have to go dig it out now haha :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries