Monday, April 13, 2015

Goal of the Week: Drink Nothing but Water

Happy Monday loves!


While my boyfriend has taken over my computer until the end of the semester, I've been trying to get the hang of the Blogger app on my iPad. I absolutely cannot stand it. This is the third time writing this post. I'm sure most of you are also feeling like this on this lovely Monday morning (or afternoon or evening depending on when this actually gets published):


If you aren't, good! Seriously keep it up. 

It's Monday so I'm assuming a lot of you have had lots of coffee today. This week I'm challenging you to only drink water. 

I'm sure everyone has heard all of the benefits of why drinking water is good so I won't bore you with all of that. Energy is the benefit I'm after right now. I've been working out for a good 2 weeks now and attempting to only drink water. It's going alright-ish but milkshakes at Steak and Shake get me.

If you're a coffee drinker this is going to be a real challenge for you. Coffee is going to be calling your name as soon as you stop drinking it. The more you get into the habit of drinking only water, the more you'll notice the change in your energy level and how much longer this non-caffeinated energy lasts.

People have said that it takes 21 days to form a habit, but that's not true. It really depends on the person; habit formation happens in the basal ganglia in the brain (I think). It's going to take more than a week to actually get into the habit, but if you do it for a week you should start to notice how much better you feel. 

Do it this week (you'll survive) and hopefully you'll be motivated enough to make it a habit. I'm still working on it. Make some fruit or cucumber water for flavor. 

                                              





You can do it! 

Also if anyone has used the Blogger for iPad app let me know if I'm missing something or if it's just not that good. I can't change picture sizes, text orientation/color/font and my posts keep not saving :( 


Are you going to try the challenge? Have you already tried before? Or do you already have the will power to just drink water? Have a good rest of your day, and drink a glass or two of water between now and bedtime!


-graceyloo





2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I totally need to start drinking more water. I have such a bad habit of only drinking coffee, tea, and soda.

C said...

I can't stand the blogger app either! It's so hard to write on and deletes my posts more often than not. Boo.

I basically only drink water. I'll have soda if I'm out to eat (I love fountain Coke!), but I don't drink coffee or tea and only have alcohol on occasion. I drink lemon water every morning and have been trying to add strawberries or cucumbers in the afternoon. It feels like a treat! Haha!