Friday, April 3, 2015

Review: Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss

 It was a beautiful day the other day, so I decided to enjoy the outside and paint my nails finally. My nails have been terribly neglected.
Today I'll be reviewing the Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in the color Mint Mojito.




I'm always drawn to these minty green-blue colors and I have way too many. And disclaimer: it's hard to do a good manicure when you're outside in the wind so apologies in advance for the sloppiness. 

I got this at CVS, it isn't necessarily a unique color but all of my nail polish was at my moms, so I decided to pick this one up. I should've realized this when I was buying it, but the cap is big and chunky and therefore not very easy to handle. 

The formula was very thick and goopy which made it hard to get an even coat. I did 2 coats to even it all out but it came out very opaque; there shouldn't be any need for more than 2 coats.

It took a long time to dry. It was tacky for a long time which is my biggest nail polish pet peeve. Even with the wind it still took a while to dry. 

I'm also an idiot who forgot to take clothes out of the dryer before I started, so I had to pretty much take out one item at a time very carefully. Only my right hand was still wet at that point, and it looks like a wreck. My fault obviously. Who the F does that?

It's been 3 days and I don't have any noticeable chipping, which is surprising to me. There's a little bit of chipping starting to happen at the base of one of my nails, but none at the tips which is actually shocking to me. No top coat was used.

The only other annoyance I encountered was the chunky cap which had to be twisted pretty hard to get it closed all the way. That could've just been my bottle though. 




I probably wouldn't buy this again because of the obnoxiously thick formula and long dry time. Maybe if they go on sale somewhere I'll pick up a few colors. 


In case you're curious, which I'm sure you're not, here is my nail painting spot for the day. Manicure in between dishes and laundry aw yeah :) even if I did completely mess up my right hand.


If I'm MIA for the next 9 days or so, it's just because I have to catch up on Game of Thrones before the new season starts. I'll try not to though.

And last but not least, don't forget I will be having a giveaway soon! 


Have you ever used this Covergirl nail polish before? Do you have any other suggestions for a Tiffany blue-ish color that doesn't have such a goopy formula? Get ready for Game of Thrones!




5 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks for the honest review, darling.
Love the color!

xoxox,
CC

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

I just painted my nails a mint green this morning before reading the post, so this came at the perfect time for me! There is nothing more annoying than a thick formula that stays wet for too long...we've got things to do, can't sit around all day waiting for dry nails! Thanks for the thorough review.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That view! Lol EVERY SINGLE TIME I paint my nails I have to pee. Every time. So I totally feel for you.

Yay for the no chipping. Boo for a long dry time.

Elle Sees said...

i've found the formulas vary in terms of opaqueness. some a re sheer or thick but all stay on for quite a bit.

Vasundhara Agarwal said...

This colour looks amazing on you. such a pretty shade :)