Monday, April 20, 2015

Review: Wet n Wild Wildshine Nail Color Protective Base Coat


Happy Monday everyone! 

How was your weekend? I hope you drank some water. Especially if you got a tipsy and beyond on Friday or Saturday. Or last night, I don't judge. 


Today I'm reviewing the Wet N Wild Wildshine Nail Color Protective Base Coat. 

I didn't have a base coat and this was cheap so I thought why not. I don't usually buy Wet n Wild products because I haven't had particularly good experiences with them in the past.




I like to paint my nails outside if you haven't noticed.
I was pleasantly surprised! I applied it and expected a long dry time, but it dried so quickly! The coat I applied on my left hand was almost completely dry by the time I was finished applying it to my right hand. 

I've used base coats before, but none of them made a big difference in my application or manicure in general. My manicures last so long with very little chipping for over a week now. Even John commented on how long my polish stayed on without chipping. 

I used it with the worst nail polish that I own (I don't even know what it is, it's old and the label has rubbed off). I wanted to put it to the real test. This nail polish usually chips so badly after a day or two. It's been about a week and there was chipping, but not nearly as bad. And even more - this is a dark nail polish and there was no staining when I took it off. 

I haven't even been using a top coat. I have a Sally Hansen top coat but it does almost nothing in regards to my polish staying power. It's not worth the extra application and dry time to even bother. But I haven't really needed one when using this base coat. 

The only thing I don't like is the handle. It's clunky and I have to close the bottle pretty tight so it won't come undone. I'm pretty sure they just recently released this design. It's visually appealing but not very practical. 


I will definitely be repurchasing and I highly recommend it. 


Do you usually use base coats? If so, which one? Let me know so I can try more to see how they compare! Have a good Monday! 


3 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Fab review! I should use a base coat...

xoxox,
CC

Elle Sees said...

i think i have a top coat from them but i need to try this one out!

erika sorocco said...

The handle does look obnoxious, but the fact that it prevented staining and minimized chips is incredible!

xx