Thursday, April 16, 2015

Inspired by: Jelly Bellys!

John is in class so I got a hold of my computer to do a post while I can! The Blogger iPad app is way too frustrating. 

I don't like normal jelly beans, but I do love some Jelly Bellys. 50 whole flavors to choose from! Even though some of them are really gross, the good ones are good. My favorites are Tutti Fruitti,  Strawberry Daiquiri, and Mixed Berry Smoothie. The super fruity ones of course. So here is a post in honor of these (mostly) good candies! Enjoy your sugar high! 




A Jelly Belly cocktail seems like a pretty good idea! Actually cocktails in general are always a good idea. I found this one on Tablespoon.com and changed it up a little bit. It sounds almost too sweet, so I probably wouldn't be able to drink more than one. It's a cute Easter/girls night/cocktail party/other occasion drink though. 

Ingredients
3 oz cotton candy flavored vodka
1/4 cup Bubblegum and Very Cherry Jelly Bellys
2 oz orange flavored liquor
ice
optional: 6 red and pink Jelly Bellys (you choose the flavors) and lemon slices

Directions
1. Place 2 martini glasses in refrigerator 1 hour before serving. In small bowl, pour vodka over 1/4 cup Jelly Bellys. Cover and refrigerate. 

2. Fill martini shaker with ice. Shake the bowl with the vodka and Jelly Bellys. Strain into shaker and discard Jelly Bellys. Add liquor and shake well.
Optional: add 3 Jelly Bellys to the bottom of each glass and garnish each with a lemon slice.

3. Serve immediately and enjoy! 



Inspired by: Jelly Bellys Tutti Fruitti


I'm almost disgusted with myself for making an outfit this girly. But how can you not with a name like Tutti Fruitti?? I was thinking about heels with the dress but I think the blue Vans are adorable. This would've been a super cute Easter outfit but it's still wearable for spring/summer.





Inspired by: Jelly Bellys Mixed Berry Smoothie


A little less girly, a little more polished. I LOVE lace shorts for this summer. Reminder: get as much use out of your blazer as you can before it gets too hot! But for real I'm really loving lace this season. Actually I love lace every season but I am in dire need of some lace shorts/lace skirt. 




Well I hope you got a sugar high just from reading this post. I have a jar of Jelly Bellys over on my desk that I'm going to go devour now. 

If you did end up trying the only water this week challenge, how are you doing? I was actually doing alright with my water consumption up until I wrote that post. I guess thinking about it made me really crave a sweet tea and a coke. Ah well, back to water I go I guess. I hope.

Don't forget, giveaway coming soon! I have most of the items collected, just waiting for a few more! 


What's your favorite Jelly Belly flavor? 


9 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Yummy post!

xoxox,
CC

C said...

My favorite Jelly Belly is green apple! The drink looks so good! I really love everything in your Berry Smoothie outfit.

The Braided Bandit said...

A Jelly Belly cocktail sounds so yummy! My favorite jelly belly is the popcorn one usually :) Hope you're having a great day! xo Hannah

The Braided Bandit BLOG
The Braided Bandit SHOP

Sara said...

I love the first dress!!

MY PETITE CORNER

Danielle said...

the cocktail sounds good and i love the purple look!

danielle | avec danielle

Unknown said...

Love jellybellys as inspiration and that cocktail def. sounds like something I would like to try!

Rae | love from berlin

Elle Sees said...

did you know it takes a week to make a jellybean? I read that once!

erika sorocco said...

Ah I love the inspo behind this pot! I used to buy Jelly Belly's when they had the Harry Potter ones on the market - Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. Some of the flavors were so out there {earwax!}, but I loved the novelty of them!

Target has some really cute lace shorts btw.

xx

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

That cocktail is adorable! I'm sure I would find it a little too sweet bc my mouth is weird but oh how pretty.