Friday, September 4, 2015

Chanel, Cardigans, and Coloring Books!

I have one test in between me and the sweet, sweet (long!) weekend. I have another big test coming up with only 2 classes between now and that test, so I might be a little MIA while I'm studying for that.

I'm a sucker for advertising, and in this months Glamour there was a sample of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. Good timing because I'm out of foundation so I took advantage. Damn you Chanel and Glamour! I forgot how much I liked that foundation! I really can't spend that much on foundation right now so I'm hoping I can find something similar, suggestions are encouraged.



Ugh. School is draining all of my funds that are already limited to begin with. Yay textbooks. Yes, you can buy them used or rent them, but for some classes you have to at least buy this "connect plus access card" because you have to register it to do the homework for the class, and you can't share them because it's registered exclusively to you. The one for my psychology class was $100 for the textbook and access code, $80 for just the access code. And the one for my math class (which I haven't bought yet) is around $150 for just the code. Yuck.

Anyway, since I have no extra funds to spend on clothes, I've really been looking at deals lately. And inspired by my cold classrooms, I figured I'd share some cardigans that are under $50. 




1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

I'm sure you all have heard the hype about "adult coloring books". I think it probably is a good, fun thing to do when you want to give your brain a break from writing notecard after notecard after notecard. It keeps you kind of focused on something but gives you a break from cranking out numbers or whatever you're doing, and helps bring out your creative side a little bit. It's not as distracting as say, drinking a glass of wine or 5. I wouldn't call it "therapy" and I don't think you need to spend $30 on a coloring book. There are sheets you can probably print out from your home to color, or you can design your own coloring book, or do spend the $30 on a coloring book, shit, whatever you want to do! More like $8 on average actually, but still.

Hmmm, sorry this post was just me rambling. I tried to be a little helpful. Wish me luck on my psychology test! I may not be around for a week or so. Hope you all have a great labor day weekend!

Also, please recommend a foundation if you have used one that's similar to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. What are your weekend plans?



5 comments:

Jax said...

I only use Clinique stay matte foundation. It stays and helps keep oil at bay. Love it!

Couture Carrie said...

Good luck with your exams and happy weekend!
Cute sweaters :)

xoxox,
CC

Missymayification said...

Those cardigans are sure suitable for the cold winter ahead. Good luck with your exams. Come out with flying colours!!

missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

Abby said...

I'm a cardigan person, and I'm loving this collection that you chose!

xoxo,
WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK

erika sorocco said...

Cardis are so essential for classrooms - it's like they have no clue how to regulate heat in college! :P

xx