Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Color Crush: Plum


Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has had a lovely start to their week. I was browsing Pinterest the other day (avoiding studying), and I realized that I have a new color obsession: plum. My fall colors usually consist of black, grey, sometimes dark green or dark blue, boring, boring, boring. But I think I'm going to give in to my color crush and find some cute plum merch.




See what I mean? That scarf needs to be MINE. I'd rock some plum colored nail polish too, but I don't think I'm brave enough to try the lipstick. It looks fabulous but my lips are too dry to pull it off. Your chapped lips could be seen across the room if you're wearing dark lipstick. Exfoliating and moisturizing sometimes just doesn't cut it unfortunately. 


I'm all about a lace dress or scarf in this color though. Totally perfect for fall, and it will transfer seamlessly into the winter months as well. 

Just a side note, as I was writing this I realized I've never actually eaten a plum (I may have, actually. I just don't remember). But I'm intrigued now, it's just not something I think to get when I'm at the grocery store. Maybe I'll try to make a plum pie or a plum mojito or...barbecue plum sauce...I'm looking at you, Pinterest. 

So, what do you think? What is your favorite fall color right now? Also, feel free to leave any plum recipes you have. 


6 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing! Love the makeup and that bag!

xoxox,
CC

C said...

YES! I love this color so much. It's very '90s and I can't get enough.

Abby said...

Lace dress and scarves! LOVE! I love the color! It's very fall-like!

xoxo,
WWW.THEFRUGALBLOGGER.NET
INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK

Johanna said...

I love this color!!!
xoxo,

Johanna,
http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

count me in as a fan of this color!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful plum picks!

Made in MauveBloglovin