Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Book Recommendation: Shoo, Jimmy Choo! by Catey Hill

Last semester in algebra we had to pick a book relating to probability, finance, economics, or anything math-y really. I was pressed for time, went to Barnes and Noble, and picked up some random probability book. I didn't even bother to read the whole thing, it made NO sense to me. However, I let my friend read it and he loved it and understood it all, and now uses probability to win arguments (ugh).

Anyway, this semester I decided I wanted a book I could actually benefit from and use in life. Again I went to Barnes and Noble, looked around in the economics and finance section, ...boring...boring...boring...pink!! Yeah the pink cover caught my attention

image from Catey Hill's blog (see below for link)

This book is so freaking useful! I do have credit card debt, and this had amazing tips to help me get out of it and how not to get into unnecessary debt anymore. I also learned that I am an impulsive spender and an absentminded spender, sometimes emotional spender. (I did learn a LOT more than that, but I'd rather not re-write her book on my blog)

This book has charts to fill out, and help on just about any financial situation (cars, taxes, retirement, debt, budgeting, and so on). The best part? Its easy to understand. I was never one to understand financial things when people explained it to me, but this girl can do it. (She also loves designer clothes like some of you I know out there).

If you are in debt, or even if you aren't in debt and you want to learn more financial tips that you can actually use, I definitely recommend this book!

She also has a blog that has a few tips.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds perfect for me! I'm okay with handling money, but I'm spending this summer in NY, and since it's my first summer away from home, I know I'll need to be super-mindful. Thanks for the tip!

Jaci Walker said...

I need to read this book.

I found your blog on Elle&Blair.com in a "follow my blog" section.

I love your blog and I would love it if you could follow back pubicly: jaciwalker.blogspot.com

:)

Josie said...

This sounds absolutely AMAZING. I officially have to check it out!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

little luxury list said...

Sounds like a great book!

p.s. LOVE the Deutsche Vogue watercolor too - I may have to get it!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

erika sorocco said...

Oh, I am so checking this book out immediately. I always read Catey's articles in Seventeen magazine - love! :)

Unknown said...

i definitely want to read that!

Love your blog, following you now! Be sure to check out the giveaway on my blog!

ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Ooh sounds like a fun read!
P.S. Love the new blog header.

Jocelyn Ng said...

The book cover is cute! :)

RedPoppy said...

Lol love this! This book sounds actually really useful and helpful, thanks for sharing! x
redpoppyfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog, love to come here again!!
Cheap Dissertation Writing Service