Monday, April 25, 2011

Friendship

I've learned a lot from my stepdad dying yesterday (Easter). But one thing that really stood out to me is the importance of having great friends, and appreciating them. Sometimes it takes a bad situation for people to realize how great their friends are, and how much they really care about you.


My mom's friends have been great to her. They've visited her at the hospital, invited her over for dinner, offered to do her laundry, and basically anything else she needed. They have been supportive of her and told her she was strong enough to get through this. She even said that if it wasn't for my sister, me, and her friends, she doesn't know how she would've made it through this. And, as Aristotle says:

"Misfortune shows those who are not really friends"

Which is sooo right. I've been there too, noticing who my true friends are when something bad happens. I'm sure we all have though :/

Me and two of my best friends. They have been there with me through absolutely everything (and put up with me while I had an eye infection, driving me around and whatnot. Love you guys!).

So, I think we should all make it a goal today, since it's the beginning of the week, to be a friend to somebody this week. It might make a huge impact on their life. And to all those true friends out there, we love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather, Gracey. I don't know what to say, except good luck with everything. Feel free to email if you need anything.

xo Sarah

Savannah said...

I'm so sorry about your stepdad ):
I really agree that when times are tough you see who's really there for you.


xxx

Sher said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepdad. Hope you and your mom are coping well. It's good that you have such great friends with you during this trying time. Take care:)

xx

erika sorocco said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepdad; I hope that you and your mom are doing okay. Now is most definitely the time when friends are the most important thing! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Audrey Allure said...

Sorry about your stepdad :( But I'm glad that you & your mom have such a great support of good friends :)

little luxury list said...

My condolences again and what a true comment - friends and family are so important!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living