Sunday, April 10, 2011

Collective Haul and Review

Hey guys! Sorry for the slackness lately. But this is going to be my first ever haul post! I tried to color code it, but for some reason I'm having text issues with blogger. It won't let me change the color and it messes up when I try to change the size. Anyway, it's a pretty big haul, I got my first paycheck from my new job and kinda went crazy, plus my boyfriend got me a Bath and Body Works gift card :P Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

1. True Blue Spa Refreshing Citrus Body Scrub
I haven't had a chance to try this one yet, but it feels like it would do a great job exfoliating! It is a sugar scrub with coconut, avocado, almond, and jojoba oil. Just from doing a sniff test it kind of reminds me of a Sprite, you know, like the soda. But it does seem like a nice body scrub.

2. True Blue Spa Nourishing Body Lotion- Tahiti, Sweetie.

credit

I am in LOVE with this lotion. I had been using this lotion before I bought it this time, but I'm almost out so I decided to re-purchase it before I did run out. This has been my favorite go-to lotion especially during the summer. It has such a nice summery scent, very fruity and coconut-y, even though I don't like coconut I LOVE this scent. It's great to put on after you get out of the shower, because you are supposed to put it on damp skin. Definitely recommend this product!

3. True Blue Spa Silky Smooth Shave Cream


If you are someone who goes through shaving cream like, every month, this is probably not the best option because it will get pricey. I don't go through shaving cream that quickly, so for me this is great. I used to use the Skintimite line, which I also really liked and was very affordable. I really like the way this makes my legs feel, after I'm done they are VERY smooth and hydrated, and also makes my shave very smooth, no cuts or anything. So basically, if you go through shaving cream often, this is a good special occasion shave cream. If you don't go through it very often, you should definitely check this out!

>4. Fiji Passionfruit Body Scrub


Another body scrub. I thought having some good body scrubs around would be good for the warmer months to get rid of dead skin cells if I happen to peel from too much sun. I really like this scrub because it's very creamy and not too harsh on the skin, but it does a great job exfoliating. It also has a very delicious tropical scent that isn't too overpowering. I try to exfoliate about 1 or 2 times a week.

5. Berry Vanilla Triple Moisture Body Cream, Body Wash, and Fragrance Mist


I've always liked the B&BW triple moisture body creams. I was actually drawn to this because I really liked the color of the bottle. When I gave it the good ole sniff test, I realllllly loved the scent too! Its very light and summery, and not too overpowering. If I fall in love with a scent, I usually get 2 or 3 items of that scent so that I can match my lotion to my spray, and so on. The triple moisture body cream is really good for night time because it is so thick.

7. Secret Wonderland Triple Moisture Body Cream, Body Wash, and Fragrance Mist

Same explanation as above. I absolutely fell in love with this scent when I smelled it, and again was attracted to it because I really liked the cool design on the bottle. It kind of reminds me of the movie Avatar, hehe. I really like using this scent if I'm going out at night, but I also use it during the day as well. Very versatile!

8. Essie's Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish

I really wanted to include a picture of this polish on my nails like I did for "For Audrey", but unfortunately we can't have nail polish on our nails for work and I had to take it off before I got the chance to :( So to make up for it I will link Leesha's (xsparkage) blog post on it with photos included, here. :) I absolutely LOVE this color. I think it looks a little more blue than the picture on the Essie website. But I am so sad that we can't wear nail polish at work because it is such a great spring color!

9. Vita-C+ Exfoliating Apricot Citrus Scrub

I found this scrub at Sally Beauty for like $7. I needed a new face scrub so I decided to try this one out because it was cheap and sounded pretty good. It's not good, not bad though. I don't get that "OMG my skin feels amazing this is my new favorite product" feeling after, but it does get rid of dead skin cells and does what it's supposed to do. Wouldn't repurchase, but I don't hate it either.

10. Hemp Argan Oil Body Lotion

Before I talk about this product, let me just say that I know all of the harmful effects of tanning, read all the articles, etc., yet I can't stop. It's literally addicting. That being said, I try to use the best products possible to try to eliminate some of the potential future damage (i.e., wrinkles) that will come. This lotion "defies aging and leaves skin beautifully soft and bright". Well, not the best moisturizer ever, not the worst either because it left me a bit sticky. I didn't really notice a "refreshed tone" (as it claims on the back), but I can't really speak for the defying age factor because I haven't used it long enough and I don't have any really visible signs of aging on my body yet. The thing I can't get past is the smell. If you've ever used a hemp product, you know what I'm talking about. Not all hemp products smell like this, but a lot do, this being one of them. I have used other hemp products that I've loved, this just hasn't done it for me.

Well that's it for this week, sorry for the lack of variety since it was mostly Bath and Body Works stuff. What have you bought this week that you've loved/hated?




No comments: