Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boyfriend Series: How We Met & First Date

I know I've mentioned my boyfriend briefly in a couple of posts before, but I think it would be cool to share with you all more about us and whatnot :) This will be a series, starting with this post about how we met and our first date.

^not on our first date, but I thought a picture of us together was necessary.

We met through mutual friends actually, and when I first met him I didn't really think we would eventually date. My friend Amanda dated Joe, who is friends with both Jonathan (my boyfriend) and I. Joe was always over at Jonathan's house and Amanda and I would drive over there to pick him up all the time but would usually stay in the parking lot. One day we did go up to his house to hang out. I ended up falling asleep on his bed, so it's not like we did much talking or anything.

One day over the summer I was bored and saw he was online on Facebook, so I decided to chat with him and see how he was doing and if he remembered me (he did). We ended up talking for a while and I started to see how cool he was, since I didn't really get to know him at his house. He's really into paintball and I mentioned that I like paintball too, even though I kind of suck at it. We decided to play together one day, and I didn't know at the time but this ended up being our first "date".

When he picked my up from my house, he brought me a huuuge jar of pickles with a bow on top, because every time he asked what I was doing I was usually eating, and usually eating a pickle. It was so cute! :) We went and played paintball, which was painful and fun, and then went to a movie after. At this point I knew I definitely liked him.


About a week later, he said there would be a surprise for me after school. So, after school, I went home and waited for it. He sent me flowers with a poem asking me out :) I was so happy, and obviously I said yes. We are still happily together, going on 10 months in a few days! Yay! He's treated me amazingly from the beginning and still does, and I don't think I could ask for anything more :) and I know he's probably reading this. Love you baby :)

On a side note, the travel themed bag was the winner for the giveaway prize. I've already started buying some things, so be on the lookout for that within the next few weeks!

14 comments:

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

HEHEHE! I love how he bought you a jar of pickles with a bow on it :] That is so sweet! ^__^

You and your bf are totally cute together by the way! :]

-Abby

Savannah said...

Awww the way he asked you out was so cute! You guys are adorable!


xxx

Anonymous said...

so unbelievably cute! the pickle thing, aw!

you two look so good together too, always good.

x

http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

p.s I suck at paintballing too!

erika sorocco said...

Awww...your boyfriend sounds like a true romantic, Gracey. The two of you are adorable! :)

21SaraLoves said...

That is such a cute story!

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Such a cute post! I'm glad you two are so happy! (: Best of luck! <3

Vasu said...

so cute....lovely story....really cute

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Unknown said...

very cute :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Style, She Wrote said...

You are too cute! Looks like a great guy. xo style, she wrote

Bereniice said...

aaaaawww!!! the jar of pickles was a really cute and original detail!! how sweet!! :D

Joyti said...

What a cute post! And the pickles with the bow on top - so thoughtful and cute too.

Josie said...

Awwww, this is darling, my dear! You and the BF are too cute, and I love that he bought you pickles!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Elle Sees said...

awww how sweet! love.

Elle said...

very cute story! I never dated seriously in high school (my longest relationship lasted like 4 months), so it's great to see a couple that sweet so young!