Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Verdict

I've had time to try out my 2 new products this week, and I think it's time to share my thoughts on them!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I ran out of my MAC Prep + Prime Skin (favorite face primer ever!) and decided to try out the Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer since I had store credit at Bluemercury. I did notice a difference in the way my makeup looked and the staying power throughout the day. I didn't get as oily as I did when I used no primer, and my makeup did stay on longer. However, I still think the MAC Prep + Prime Skin made my makeup stay on a bit longer and kept me even less oily throughout the day. I applied powder twice during the day with MAC Prep + Prime (once in the morning, and another time in the middle of the day), and I applied powder 2 or 3 times during the day with the Laura Mercier one (Morning, and 2 or 3 random times throughout the day). I do like that it's a squeeze tube though, so I can get the most out of my product and control how much I get out.
Packaging Winner: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer
All Around Winner: MAC Prep + Prime Skin

Now onto the foundations. Before I was using the MAC Pro Longwear, and when I ran out of that I decided to give the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation a try. This is going to be a very hard decision for me because I love both so much but all for different reasons! Pro Longwear has amazing staying power, as in alllll day. I don't do a lot of sweating or running around, so I can't speak for you active people. It has medium coverage which is good to cover my redness and acne scars, and it has a natural looking finish to it. The bad thing is, I HAVE to set it with a powder otherwise it will feel kind of sticky. The blending is so-so, it dries pretty quickly. Now onto the Vitalumiere Aqua. It does not stay on ALL day but it does make it through most of it. It's light to medium coverage so this would be good for girls who don't need a lot of coverage. It feels amazing on the skin and blends so effortlessly. I've always heard people say it's like putting on a second layer of skin, and I have to agree! Since there were a lot of things to consider, I'll have to do multiple winners on this one.
Staying Power Winner: MAC Pro Longwear
Low Maintenance Winner: Vitalumiere Aqua
Winter Winner (feels a bit heavier and more coverage): MAC Pro Longwear
Summer Winner (doesn't feel like you're wearing anything but not a lot of coverage): Vitalumiere Aqua.
All Around Winner: ...Tie! I like them both a lot, it just depends on what I'm looking for that day!

And once again sorry for not posting! I haven't been around internet too much but I will when we get moved into our new house! Thanks for being patient, you guys are awesome :) And 2 more followers until 100! Yay!!!


12 comments:

Josie said...

I'm so glad that you found some foundations that you're happy with, doll!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

erika sorocco said...

This is such a fantastic comparison, Gracey! I am definitely going to have to give these products a try! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the life of a foundation junkie! :) Pretty sure I have three on the go right now. Good write ups!

Alex.

Arianne said...

I like these kind of posts. Really helpful :)

AngieB said...

I have been dying to try this MAC foundation. I have heard so many great things about it. GREAT post :]

Brooke
www.bluerose5989.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I mostly use bare minerals primer but I've been hunting for a new one. I think that the mac prep and prime might be my next must have, So I totally noticed that I became your 100th follower!! yay congrats to you!!
http://introtobeauty.blogspot.com/

Love Joice said...

Wow, Love your reviews, amazingly I used chanel right now, it is the way you said it and one more thing what a like about chanel it has SPF 15. anyhow you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx 
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

Rania Kelesidou said...

Nice reviews girl,the Mac primer is one of the products I want to buy very soon

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i don't use a primer but heard i should... i do use LM's tinted moisturizer and I love! Cute header :)

AS said...

i actually have that laura mercer primer maybe i guess im going to have to get the mac one now!!

Bereniice said...

OOhhh.. I guess I need to go try the chanel vitalumiere aqua.... heard so much about it! and great things!!.. specially from ingrit (Missglamorazzi) and Fleur on YT.. :)

Health said...

YEah Bereniice. I got the test product at their booth. Awesome! Max Pure Lens