Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Favorite Store and Update!

Hello! I just wanted to do a quick update post on what's been going on these past couple of days. I found a new favorite store! I've always wanted to try a lot of products from high end brands, but we don't have a Sephora here and the makeup counters in department stores are a bit slack. I was walking downtown one day and I saw a sign that listed a bunch of makeup brands, which is what drew me into the store in the first place. I was so excited when I walked in, because now I can try these higher end brands without having to buy online and pay shipping and whatnot. Oh the store is called Bluemercury if you were wondering.

I bought 2 things from Bluemercury (high end brands don't agree with my tiny budget, but I'm hoping these will be worth it!).

First of all, I got the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I ran out of my MAC Pro Longwear, and I've heard this is a really nice light foundation so I decided to try it out, plus I've never bought a Chanel beauty product before! When I ran out of my MAC Pro Longwear, I went to Walmart (this was before I discovered Bluemercury), and got the Revlon Colorstay foundation. I actually really did like this foundation because it stayed on for most of the day like my MAC one did. What I didn't like about it was that it makes my foundation brush smell odd...like hospital or doctor's office. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just weird?

Anyway, the second thing I bought was the Laura Mercier oil free primer. Since I ran out of my MAC Prep + Prime Skin, which was mentioned in my May favorites, my skin has not been agreeing with me. My foundation doesn't stay on as long and my face got very oily throughout the day. Actually, the reason I got this one instead of the MAC one was because I originally bought the NARS multiple in Orgasm (yes, finally), but returned it and they only offered store credit. I wasn't too impressed by the Multiple in Orgasm. I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't that amazing product I was looking for. Plus I don't wear blush that often, and I wear primer everyday so I felt this made more sense. Hopefully it will do me proud!

The move is finally done, we are staying at my mom's friend's house at the moment and either Friday or Saturday I'll be staying with my boyfriend for a while. That's pretty much it, nothing new here! Oh and sorry I didn't take the photos myself, I wanted to get this post up and my camera is dead and my batteries are packed away in some box :/

Let me know if you've tried either of those products and what you think of them!

9 comments:

erika sorocco said...

Ooh, I have always wanted to try cosmetics from Chanel and Laura Mercier - I've heard such incredible things about both! :)

Holly Rhodes said...

i really want to try the chanel aqua foundation, but dont fancy paying like £30 for it ! btw ive just tagged you in my lets work it out tag :)x

Michelle Loreto said...

I'm looking for a new foundation, so thanks for this post! I'm more into drugstore brands, though, as I never find the designer stuff does anything spectacular for the price.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Style, She Wrote said...

I've never tried either product but am intrigued by the Chanel foundation. I really like their nail polishes and think it might be good... xo style, she wrote

SGRMSE. said...

i absolutely LOVE laura mercier hand creams!! they smell OFF the charts ♥♥

Josie said...

I DESPERATELY want to try Chanel foundation! I bet it's so silky and fabulous.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Irunn2doorz said...

I have never tried either brand but I have heard GREAT things about Laura Mercier, especially the primer.

Audrey Allure said...

I haven't tried either one, but they do look promising!

Allison said...

I love Laura Mercier - I haven't tried the primer yet, so let me know how it turns out for you! :)