Monday, May 30, 2011

What I'm Loving: May

I finally got connected to the internet in this house! Yay! Hopefully I'll be able to do some posts while I'm here. Like I mentioned before, starting next week I'll be living in between my mom's friend's house and my boyfriend's for a month. So sorry again if posts are sparse!

I figured since it's almost the end of the month I needed to do a What I'm Loving post for May! Hope you enjoy. By the way, any thoughts on how I've been doing these kinds of posts lately? With the numbered pictures and then a description underneath? I figured it makes it easier for you lazy people who don't like to read a lot but do love visuals. Anyway, if you are one of those people who actually read the blog post let me know what you think :)

May Favorites
Click the picture for info on products

1. Essie Mint Candy Apple- To me, this color looks a little more blue in real life than in the picture. But that is perfect because I love kind of blue-ish green colors, especially during the summer. It's kind of a Tiffany Blue color, but not as spot on as China Glaze's For Audrey is. Anyway this is my favorite summer nail polish (even though I can only wear it for like, 2 or 3 days at a time because we can't wear nail polish at work! Sad face).

2. The House of Night books- Reading before going to bed is one of my favorite ways to de-stress. I'm currently reading the House of Night series, and I'm on book 2 (Betrayed). It's such an interesting series and great if you like vampire books (which I actually don't. I hated Twilight). I lost my first copy somewhere in the move and had to buy another, unfortunately.

3. Nivea a Kiss of Moisture- My favorite lip moisturizer/balm used to be the Yes to Carrots one (which I still use and love by the way!), but this one is just a notch higher on the list. It glides on super easily and isn't as heavy as the Yes to Carrots one. Plus it has SPF 4 in it. I put it on every night before I go to bed and every day before I do my makeup. Then I take my Yes to Carrots with me to moisturize throughout the day.

4. Extra Strength Tylenol- Moving has definitely been stressful, and I get awful headaches and migraines, especially when I'm stressed. I actually have one right now but I'm just too lazy to go downstairs to get my Tylenol. I don't always use extra strength but for migraines I definitely need it.

5. Mac Prep + Prime Skin- I didn't realize how much of a difference this primer made in my makeup until I ran out of it. I noticed that it helped my makeup apply a lot smoother and evenly. But once I ran out, I also noticed my makeup wasn't lasting as long and my face was way more oily at the end of the day than normal, even if I apply powder throughout the day.

6. Moleskine notebook- These journals are kind of expensive, so I wouldn't normally buy them but they were on sale at Target and came in cute bright colors, so I just had to :) I got a pack of 2 pink ones and they are the perfect size to write down blog ideas, to-do's, reminders, monthly favorites, etc. I take one with my in my bag and leave one at home beside my bed to refer to while blogging or to write down random thoughts.

7. Maybelline Falsies- This is my favorite drugstore mascara at the moment. I've tried the One by One and I love it for lengthening, but I need some definition in my lashes as well and this gives it. I also love the curved want. Mac Haute and Naughty is my other favorite mascara, but it's more budget friendly to buy the Falsies.

8. Mac paint pot in Painterly- This has been so necessary in my summer makeup routine. Sometimes I don't even worry about eyeshadow and just wear this with some eyeliner and mascara. It matches my skintone and it evens out and covers any discoloration around my eyes and on my eyelids, which I have a lot of (bye bye veiny eyelids!) It helps with the whole "no-makeup look" I like during the summer.

9. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Cream- This was mentioned in my How to Fight Summer Humidity post, and has been a favorite of mine for years now. It makes my hair just look more "done", and tames the frizz and helps keep it not frizzy throughout the day. It also smells pretty good. Love love love this stuff!

That's pretty much if for this month. Let me know if you are loving any of these too, or what your favorites for this month are! And let me know your thoughts and the whole "picture with description under" thing I've been trying out. And yay 90 followers! Closer to the 100 follower giveaway! :)

17 comments:

lrnshelby said...

I love the Essie color, very cute for spring/summer. I also am really interested in the MAC Paint Pot. I have seen these used a lot but have never tried it myself. It does sound really nice for summer though. Maybe I need to buy one :)

Anonymous said...

like this way, keep it. and everyone seems to love the MAC paint pot, maybe I should give it a go!

hope moving's going okay,
beth x

http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

Vasu said...

love the list....amazing stuff....u have a great blog


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Fragancia said...

i like maybelline falsies!! its so funny some of their products are bad and some extremely good!! great blog im your new follower i hope you'll follow me back :)
xoxox
http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

erika sorocco said...

I definitely need to try Maybelline The Falsies - I'm obsessed with Maybelline mascaras! :)

Maryse said...

Love it!
x

Style, She Wrote said...

Great makeup selections and I LOVE Tylenol too! It cures any pain. xo style, she wrote

Joyti said...

Moleskines! I love those. I always wait a bit at buy the yearly planner on sale...and they're a bit cheaper on Amazon. I love the soft almost buttery leather of them.

Unknown said...

I just bought that exact colour from Essie & me and my mum have been loving it too! <3
Also I am at book 6 (?) of the HON series! (I am at tempted.)
I didnt think anyone else read the series cos in my country, people who reads english books are limited! haha.
New follower here and greetings from Indonesia! :)
Could you please check out my blog and maybe follow me too?
http://beautylovesandhates.blogspot.com/
Looking forward to your upcoming posts! <3

Josie said...

I would die -- actually die -- without my planner. I literally don't think I could function properly.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Torrie said...

I am definitely interested in buying that polish AND the china glaze one (i clicked on your link) - I also have been meaning to try out MAC's paint pots so it's cool it was included in your May favorites!

Hannah Michelle said...

I have wanted to read the house of night series for so long! I also love the nivea lip balm and the falsies mascara, my absolute favourite!!

Dallas Shaw said...

I have recently become addicted to this mascara!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i've used #7 & 9 and have been very happy with them! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Gemma-Louise said...

Hey just came across you blog and I really like it so I'll be sure to follow.

I'm also a big fan of the Mac prep + prime!

http://www.fashionisbeautybeautyisfashion.blogspot.com/

Is my blog if you would like to check it out :)

gemmalouise-xo

Indigo said...

i love that mascara!! You have a lovely blog, i love the header! Thank you for your comment xxx

Arianne said...

I LOVE House of Night! But then as the story progresses, I feel like there was too much magic, but that's just me :)
Hope you enjoy the series. Also, check out Morganville Vampires. Lol I'm obsessed with it. Super funny and a page turner.