Monday, May 23, 2011

Lucy Loves Feathers

Don't want to permanently (well, semi-permanently I guess?) have feathers in your hair?

I love Lucy Hale's take on the "feathers in hair" look!


She wore a big feather earring in one of the episodes of Pretty Little Liars. Only 1 though! I'm pretty sure this one is by Owlita. A bit more expensive than feather extensions, but you can take them in and out whenever you want!


She is on the cover of the current Seventeen issue sporting the same look, except more colorful! The one she is wearing here is from Edge of Urge. I like these because they are a bit smaller, cheaper, and have some cool colorful options!

This is a great option if you like to change your look a lot and don't want to commit to having feathers in your hair for long periods of time, or if you don't want to wear them to work or something where they would not be appropriate. I'm definitely going to get some of these!

What do you think? Do you like the look of feather extensions? Would you get extensions or buy the earrings? Let me know your thoughts :)

12 comments:

Joan said...

she has a really beautiful face!
check out my blog, im having a giveaway! ;)
http://umakefashion.blogspot.com/

RedPoppy said...

I love Lucy Hale:) I'd definitely get the feather earrings... xo RP

Bre said...

I LOVED Aria's earring! I'm still obsessed, in fact, and I've been on the hunt for a pair of my own. I have always liked feather earrings but I dislike their tendency to flip up in my hair or break. I think these would be perfect and just long enough to not get flipped up or tangled.

Anonymous said...

she looks beautiful, I would have never thought it would work so well!

beth x
http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

p.s your new blog header is so cute!xxxx

Josie said...

I think that these are adorable -- I can't pull them off but they're so fun!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Bereniice said...

Hi girl! Love these post! now I really want feather extensions! lol! specially the rainbow ones!...
I found your blog on elleandblair.com
I just started mine! it doesn't have much cause I'm just learning the basic things but I am gonna post more.. and would love if you checked my blog!

http://thingshappenjustlive.blogspot.com/

Raquel said...

Thanks for the comment lovely :) Ok i'm definitely not gonna lie, it hurt reeeeally bad at first, but you just get used to the pain. Mine took 2 and a half hours, so being under the needle for that long, you definitely get used to the pain. I'm like THE worst when it comes to pain, and needles!! So having this tattoo done was a big accomplishment for me! I freaked out really badly when i heard the needle vibrating, but i just put on some nice music to help me relax. It helps alot if you have a magazine to look at or if you have your ipod to listen to music. It really does distract you from the pain. Hope that helps! :)

Oh and i love Lucy's earring for the seventeen magazine shoot. so cute!

samecookiesdifferent said...

goodness, I love this big feather!

xx
your cookies

vanilladreams said...

I love the look of feather extensions but for some reason I don't think they'll really suit me!! xx

erika sorocco said...

I am beginning to develop a love/hate relationship with the look of feather hair extensions. I think it really depends on placement and colors. Lucy always looks adorbs! :)

Jaci Walker said...

Lucy Hale's earrings about are from Una Mae's. If you want more details, ask me in my feather earrings post on my blog.

I have a giveaway on my blog. I would love it if you could please check it out. Link to giveaway here!

:)