Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Free as a Bird: Feather Inspiration


I don't know why, but lately I've been loving feathers. I got feather hair extensions about 2 months ago and I loved them, but they fell out so I have to get them put back in at my next hair appointment. So, here's some feathery inspiration :)



Feathers

Of course I wouldn't wear this all at once, that would be a bit of feather overkill! But individually, I would DIE to have these pieces!

I think part of my love for feathers comes from my jealousy of birds. They are so free, they have no boundaries. I decided a few months ago that when I turn 18 (5 more months), that I want to get a tattoo. I couldn't decide of what or where, but I've decided on a feather on my neck behind my ear :) Something similar to this, even though I hate that it's on a foot. Bleh.


Lastly, I found this really cute top at Forever21 yesterday that I am obsessed with. It's a little big on me, but I love wearing it as an off the shoulder slouchy tee kind of thing. And it will be perfect for summer to wear to the beach over my bathing suit with jean shorts!

Hope you all enjoyed this inspiration post! Do feathers and birds inspire you? What else in nature do you find inspiration from! Let me know what you think :)

9 comments:

Jocelyn Ng said...

Very cute top! Nice source of inspiration! :)

RedPoppy said...

I'm not a huge feather fan but you're convincing me otherwise! Love all your inspiration photos especially the Forever 21 top! xoxo
RedPoppy

erika sorocco said...

Ooh, I so love that quote; and all of the feather inspiration - fantastic! :)

Sher said...

Feathers are such a lovely motif, I love it too! Great inspirational pics:)

xx

melle lunettes said...

I love all your sélection !!
Kiss
I follow on your blog ;-) Follow me back ;-)

Audrey Allure said...

I love feathers too :) Been wearing my feather earrings all the time.

& to answer your question, I love attending LIM - you definitely get a lot of work/internship opportunities - more so than FIT.

Krystie said...

That top is wonderful! I love it
x krystie
www.artfulaussie.com

Josie said...

I love feather prints! That dress is to die for.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Indigo said...

that tattoo is sooo pretty xxx