Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Resolutions

Summer is a great time to set goals for yourself, because you have more time on your hands (if you are still in school, that is), and no real excuses for not doing things or slacking off on anything. Here are my goals for this summer :)

1. Drink coconut water
I do drink water everyday and keep myself hydrated on a normal basis, but there are a lot of health benefits that come with drinking coconut water (hello, hangover cure!). I know I get tired of drinking plain water sometimes, and coconut water comes in a few different fruity flavors that is a good switch up. Perfect for the beach!

2. Read more books
I love to read if it's something that is my choice to read. Reading for school is such a chore for me. Even though I enjoy reading, sometimes I get caught up in everyday life and I don't give myself time to read. I'm going to try to relax myself more this summer by reading!

3. Yoga
Another relaxation thing for me, I've always wanted to do yoga. Not like one of those videos I can do at home (tried it, never did it), but actually get a friend to go to yoga class with me.

4. Don't wait until the last minute to do my summer reading
I do this EVERY summer. I can't really enjoy the last few weeks of my summer because I'm scrambling to get summer reading done. Even though I say this every summer, this time I'm actually going to try to get it done on time.

5. Save my money and not blow my paychecks on beauty products
I buy so much makeup it's kind of ridiculous (and a pain to pack up and move). From now on, my goal is to put a portion of my paycheck in the bank to save for an iPad, and keep a portion out to pay for food, gas, some clothes, and anything else that's NOT makeup.
Amazon.com: Apple iPad 2 (2nd generation) MC985LL/A tablet 16GB Wifi +...

That's about it for now :) Do you have any goals for this summer?

17 comments:

Elizabeth Faraday said...

Yoga is excellent, I have been wanting to pick it up too! And I can definitely relate to summer reading and blowing money on beauty products, that describes me! Your blog is beautiful!

Journal De Mode

Style, She Wrote said...

I started practicing yoga and tai chi and hope to keep up with that this summer. Kudos on wanting to try yoga -- I hope you like it. P.S. I had NO IDEA coconut water could cure a hangover. Cool! xo style, she wrote

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Coconut water works for hangovers? Hm...might have to look into that.

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

you play little big planet too? isn't the cutest thing? i played with two of my friends and i couldn't stop laughing as to how cute they were when they were running around.

anyway, summer is awesome for opportunities! ohhhh and i just had THE BEST COCONUT JUICE in my life yesterday! the brand is called Micoco and it comes with the cutest little bottle. If you ever see it around, grab it and buy it! hahaha! it's so delish!

-abby

Josie said...

I want to do more yoga this summer too! It's so relaxing.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Gemma-Louise said...

I know what you mean about buying too much makeup I really need to stop spending and start saving.

Gemmalouise-xo

www.fashionisbeautybeautyisfashion.blogspot.com

erika sorocco said...

Reading more books is always one of my summer goals, as well. I feel like I never have enough time during the school year! :/

Gemma-Louise said...

I have selected you as one of my top 10 bloggers to get your award go to...

www.fashionisbeautybeautyisfashion.blogspot.com

WELL DONE!!!

Gemmalouise-xo

Jade Purple Brown said...

coconut water sounds so good, I WANT TO TRY IT!

jadepurplebrown.com

Allison said...

I have yet to try Coconut Water, but when I head to Whole Foods today, I think I'm going to have to check it out.
If you haven't read Water for Elephants yet, I would absolutely recommend it! It's tough to read at parts, but such an absolutely beautiful book.
Yay, iPads! Definitely worth the splurge - they are amazing.
My summer goal is to apply for jobs more diligently, run at least 5x a week, and go into the city as often as I can. It's right there, and I feel like I don't take the advantage of it like I should.

Bereniice said...

I'm following you with the "drinking more water" "reading books" and "yoga" all great to catch up during summer!! I've also tried at-home-yoga videos, but never really do them! hahah, I'll try to go to classes or something this summer...

RedPoppy said...

I love this post and your summer goals! Great advice, and I also look forward to eating as many popsicles as I can lol xo redpoppyfashion.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Coconut water is so good!

Lauren said...

i definitely need to read more this summer! I have a list and i want to get through it for once!

asdfasdfasdf said...

i'm always trying to read more, i know what you mean. and i haven't personally tried yoga but the people i know who have love it!

Raj said...

This a great list of things to aim for in the summer, similar to mine
I hope you have fun sticking to them all!

Health said...

Remember to check whether you have screen bleeding when you got the ipad. As most of the buyer got this problem, mainly for the early bird. Max Pure Lens