Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Pink Review

My Korres package came in the mail yesterday! I was so excited to try out my new goodies. I bought this lipstick, a lip butter, a lip butter glaze, a shower gel, and a sample of their eye primer. More reviews coming when I have more time to fully test everything out.

Let me start by saying this: I HATE wearing lipstick. As I mentioned in my July favorites post, I was loving Revlon's Primrose. It's a really pretty color and I still wear it, but this kind of blows that out of the water.


One of the main reasons I hate wearing lipstick is the formula just feels so heavy, waxy, thick, sticky, etc. on my lips, and also tends to put a spotlight on dry patches on my lips. I've always been one to play up my eyes and add some drama up there, and keep the lips natural. My lips naturally have a nice little tint to them, so I never found lipstick really a necessity for me.

-dramatic music- UNTIL now. The Korres Mango Butter Lipsticks (well at least this one, I can't say if they're consistent or not but I hope so!) don't have that nasty heavy feeling that most lipsticks do. The best part? It feels so moisturizing and doesn't show off my dry spots! Thank you mango butter!


When I first opened it, I was actually pretty disappointed because the color looked kind of on the red side, which isn't a bad thing but keep in mind the color is Natural Pink. It must have been the lighting though because I opened it to use the next day it didn't look that way at all.

It's not very opaque but you can build up the color. I usually don't build up my color because like I said, my lips don't need that much drama or attention. It also leaves a nice glossy sheen on your lips. I now understand what people mean when they say "my lips but better".

It's formulated without mineral oil, silicones, propylene glycol, and ethanolamines. (Not sure what the last 2 are? But that's what the Korres website said).

I wore it to work and I'd say it lasted about 2 or 3 hours maybe? I'm not really sure. So not the best staying power but I can work with that.


My camera fails at getting swatch pictures, the coloring is always a little off so this was as close to real as I could get.

I still don't consider lipstick something I would wear every single day, but when I do this is my new favorite lipstick. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Have you ever tried any Korres Products? Do you have a favorite lipstick?

Also, don't forget! You can enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick of you're choice and an Emma Kisstina MAC lipstick print! Giveaway ends August 22nd!

14 comments:

Amanda Lehrke said...

I hate wearing lipstick too, definitely need to check this out, thanks!

jacketofblue said...

I hate wearing lipstick for the SAME reason you do! I have ucky dry patches too, and lipstick just makes my lips look odd. I used to always wear Clinique's Black Honey almost lipstick, but quit and started using lip balms instead...it was just too much work reapplying color. I have the korres lip butter gloss which I like, so i'll give this a try too :) Thanks for the review!

Josie said...

I'm not a big lipstick wearer, but this color is gorgeous!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Anonymous said...

It looks such a lovely colour.

Emma x
http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

Audrey Allure said...

I love wearing lipstick, and this sounds great!

Jessica said...

I'm not a lipstick person either so this sounds good for me as well

asdfasdfasdf said...

i do really like the color. i'm not much of a lipstick wearer myself, but sometimes i'll use a lipstain.

Katie said...

I love Korres, it's such a great line! xo

Flight of Fancy Boutique said...

Oooh, this looks like a good lipstick! Now if only it was available here... xx

Alessandra Mazzini said...

That'a great color!!

http://fashionindahat.blogspot.com/

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

ooo nice! I love pink lipstick but find it difficult to wear as well! This color is magnificent.

Vasu said...

Beautiful shade, love this colour


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

amber wheeler said...

Definitely want to give these a try! They sound yummy too ;)

simplyyoursamb.blogspot.com

Arielle said...

Looks really pretty! xoxo