Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Beauty Must Have

No matter how much time I have in the morning or how much makeup I decide to wear that day, mascara always makes it into my beauty routine somehow. It's one of those magical products that opens and brightens your eyes, and makes you look more awake.

I know it's not just me thinking that too, because I went to work and forgot to put mascara on and you wouldn't believe how many people asked if I was ok, asked if I was sick, tired, etc. I don't know about you, but the sickly/tired look is not what I generally go for!

Lash out!


I find that drugstore mascaras work just as well as the high end mascaras (with the exception of MAC's Haute & Naughty, my only full size, high-end mascara purchase!). Not saying high end mascaras are bad, I just wouldn't shell out the money for them unless they come with a product I'm already buying.

What are your favorite mascaras? Do you have a beauty must have that you wear everyday?

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

12 comments:

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

high five! i use lash blast . it's the only one i use because it's the only one that's never put me down. i think if a girl were to put make up, you MUST always use mascara. you can't go out without it. i know some who doesn't use it and just puts eyeliners and it's just a pet peeve of mine! lol... i dunno about you...?

reply: sushi sounds yummy too! don't you just hate it when people talk about food in blogs and you'd wish to get that food that they're talking about but you can't?! lol

-robots in trouble

Arianne said...

I like L'Oreal Telescopic. But I really need to get a mascara with a bent wand coz I have really short eyelashes. Wonder if L'Oreal has one coz I prefer them over Maybelline mascaras

Josie said...

I love drugstore mascara! I use a Covergirl waterproof one daily... But for night, I splurge on DiorShow Unlimited; it makes lashes sooo long.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Anonymous said...

been looking for an awesome mascara, to be honest I don't even care about length I just like volume (e.g scary spider ones) haha! xo

ramz and the flock

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm a new follower, found you on Beautylish and wanted to say hi! Great post, I haven't actually tried ANY of these would you believe! My current mascara is Clarins Wonder Volume and I'm also using Avon Super Shock Max and NYC High Definition, would recommend them all x

Britt said...

My favorite more high-end mascara is Benefit Bad Gal Lash. Adore it! Might be my favorite of all time.
But I do like Lash Blast and I just got One by One today, so we'll see how I like that one!

- Britt

Rimi said...

i've tried one by one and didn't like it too much...but i'll definitely have to try one of these other ones!

---
rimi
http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Love this post! I can never stop trying new mascaras! xo

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I love good soaps! and I also wish that I had had done drugstore mascara growing up instead of splurging for designers, there'a a lot og food ones.

Unknown said...

Great post, you can never have enough mascaras and I have to agree about drugstore mascaras.

http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
xx

Elle Sees said...

Awesome choices and some new ones to try. I like One by One...either CG or Maybelline...and Benefit has a new mascara, Yes They're real...or something like that. It's a amazing! And Dior Show is a pricey one I like.

Kate said...

I'm so glad I came across this. I've been searching for a good mascara. My favorite is Clinique's high impact, which isn't too much more than an average mascara.