Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shark Cupcakes!

My boyfriend came over last night to watch Shark Week with me, and we made shark cupcakes! Or sharkcakes as he likes to call them. We didn't wait for them to cool before we put the icing on, the icing melted on some of them. But they turned out very yummy :)

What you'll need:
Cake mix (and ingredients needed for making a cake, like eggs, oil, etc. We used red velvet)
Blue icing
Construction paper and scissors
Peach rings (or small powdered doughnuts and red fruit rollups)
Cupcake cups and a cupcake pan

When I took the picture the batter looked more like spaghetti than red velvet cake mix so I had to edit it a bit. Anyway red velvet seemed appropriate because of the bloody tint to it, plus it's delicious!

The shark fins! Boyfriend had to draw me a model shark fin because the one cut out looked like Jimmy Neutron's hair (anyone?).

We used gummy peach rings to resemble one of those life preserver floats. You could also use mini powdered doughnuts for the float and cut strips or red Fruit Rollups for the red stripes, but we figured this was easier and less messy.

Well that's it for today :) I hope you all are thoroughly enjoying Shark Week if you watch it. You can find the inspiration for the cupcakes here.

Also don't forget to enter my MAC lipstick and print giveaway! Ends August 22nd!


18 comments:

Jesse said...

Cute idea! I don't have cable so I am enjoying shark week vicariously, by looking at photos of your cupcakes. :)

Josie said...

Doll, these are ADORABLE! So fun for Shark Week.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Katie said...

Hahaha, I love these! xo

Melanie said...

omg those are adorable and so creative!

http://beauty.adorability.org

erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh Gracey these are the CUTEST - I love!! :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. espec the idea for the peach rings, that's just genius!

ramz and the flock

p.s Yeah, I know who Jimmy Neutron was too haha x

Arianne said...

yum!! :)
i remember Jimmy Neutron too! good show :)

Unknown said...

awww this is a great idea! I also have a giveaway going on at my blog right now if you're interested!

asdfasdfasdf said...

um. i absolutely LOVE this. these are so cute, seriously. i wish i could reach through the screen and grab one! they look delicious.


and oh yeah, i remember jimmy neutron ;)

21SaraLoves said...

Aww those are adorable! And look very tasty!

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

Britt said...

What a great idea! I LOVE shark week!

- Britt

Bonnie said...

I love that you actually made shark-themed cupcakes to go with Shark Week.
You are the shiznit.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Arielle said...

Graceyyyy you're like the cutest person ever! Even tho I'm not into Shark Week or whatever, I really want to make these for my friend!

Alessandra Mazzini said...

yummy!!! i wanna try that!!

http://fashionindahat.blogspot.com/

love jenny xoxo said...

that is the cutest!! I'm not big into shark week, but their must be a different event where these would work... I'm going to have to figure that out because I really want to make these!

XOXO

Sanam said...

wow those cakes look delicious :D & I love that your bf stuck shark fins in them, so cool :)

DayByDiva.Com
DayByDiva.Com

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

awww these look too adorable to eat!

Gemma-Louise said...

These are so cool!

GemmaLouise-xo