Sunday, August 28, 2011

rms Beauty Cream Eye Shadow in Lunar

I've heard a lot of good things about rms beauty. The premise behind this line is basically skincare with color. All of the products nourish and hydrate your skin, and you can put them anywhere. So if you get a cream eye shadow you could use them on your lips, cheeks, or anywhere else you could think of. They are made with clean, natural, organic ingredients.

That being said, I love the idea behind it and the ingredients. I even love some of their other products, but this one was not my favorite. I love cream shadows so I REALLY wanted to like it. And please excuse the lack of pictures, I included this in the sample pack I purchased from Spirit Beauty Lounge (which I'll post about later), and there wasn't much to take a picture of.


I did really love the color and when I applied it to my eyes it was gorgeous! It was a gorgeous champagne nude color, comparable to Stila's Smudge Pot in Kitten but a few shades lighter. However, before I even left the house it had started creasing! As the website suggested, I just tapped it away and it looked better. Not long after it was creasing again! By the end of the day I basically had no color left over.

I tried using it with no primer, a MAC paint pot, the Korres eye primer, and Urban Decay Primer Potion. I got the same results every time! I even tried to put an powder shadow over it and it still creased!

But, if you have drier eyelids this might be the product for you. Since it's like skincare and makeup in one, it moisturizes the eyes which I think was my issue. I have pretty oily eyelids and wear primer with whatever eye makeup I have on that day. Until I find an alternative I'll have to stick with my Stila Smudge Pots and Benefit's Creaseless Cream shadows.

Note: I found that if I skipped moisturizing my lids, it did stay a bit longer. The eye shadow is like a moisturizer so I just skip it and moisturize around my eyes at night.

I may purchase the full size version just because I do love the color and the concept, and just bring it with me to touch up throughout the day. But I would give them a shot if you have drier or not oily eyelids :) Don't let this turn you off from the brand though, I tried some of their other products that I have fallen in LOVE with! Be on the lookout for those reviews soon. Oh and my Lovely Links will also be up soon!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Never heard about this line but thanks for sharing

sara tardiff said...

my friend was just telling me about this the other day,she isn't too fond of the line in general but liked this individually.

hiimsaratee.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/_saratee

Britt said...

What a bummer that even with all those different bases and a shadow over it, it still creases! Some people love the texture of creasing though, so this is right up their alley, eh? :]

- Britt

Unknown said...

I love this color, I might try it since I have dry skin - maybe it won't crease

Love your reviews & how they aren't about products every has already reviewed! So thank you :)

http://lushluxelovely.blogspot.com/

asdfasdfasdf said...

that looks like a color i'd like, i tend to go more for natural makeup myself

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

ooo, I would say get the full-size, the color is amazing!!! Perfect for a more natural look.

Josie said...

This color is GORGEOUS! I don't usually do cream shadow, but it does sound really moisturizing.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Alessandra Mazzini said...

The color is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the info!! :)

www.fashionindahat.blogspot.com

Sick by Trend said...

cool1 :D thanks for sharing is new for me!

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Elle Sees said...

Never heard of this line! I hate when they crease too.

Lucyy Writes said...

I love this! Never heard of this before.

http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
Lucy x

Allison said...

I've never heard of this line, but I've been trying to get more into organic products (especially since my skin is still so breakout prone, ugh). Excellent review - I'll have to try this out!

Katie said...

Boo creasing! Love the color of this! xo

Unknown said...

I've never heard of this make before but might look into them, creases can be really annoying :(

Charlee
http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
xx

Vasu said...

Beautiful shade, absolutely love it :)


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

vanilladreams said...

The color is so beautiful! I never heard of this brand before though! :)

I gave you an award! You can claim it on my blog:
vanilladreamsblush.blogspot.com

:)