Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What the haul?

I got paid this past week, and I was good(ish), I put a portion in the bank and kept out a smaller portion for me to spend. I still have a little left over so I can pay my credit card bill, and buy some pictures for my room (more on that later!). So, this is my haul for the week!


1. Essie nail polish in Borrowed & Blue
I was at Bed Bath & Beyond looking for things to store my makeup in, but of course I got sucked into the beauty section. I saw this polish picked it up immediately. Blue polishes are my favorite to wear, and this isn't like the blues I already have. Borrowed & Blue is like a really nice light sky blue color. I haven't worn it yet since I've been working all week (boo for no nail polish at work!) but I'll post a picture when I try it out!

2. MAC's Melon Pigment
This is actually my first MAC pigment! I was at CCO looking for a blush/other face products but I ended up spending a lot of time looking at the pigments. I thought Melon was a very pretty color, especially for summer. I wore it yesterday and I LOVE it! I appied it using 2 products I got in this haul, the Stila Kitten Smudge Pot and the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. Whew, long name! But more on that when I mention those products.

3. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
This facial spray is very multi purpose. First of all, it smells very pleasantly of roses. I don't normally like flowery smells, but I do like this one. First, I sprayed this on my makeup brush before applying MAC's Melon pigment to my eyes, it works kind of like Fix+ from MAC I assume, though I've never tried Fix+. After I apply my powder to my face after foundation, I spray my face once with this to get rid of that powdery look it sometimes leaves me with. I didn't notice my makeup staying on any less than it would if I just used powder, and it gives you a more dewy look (not oily though!). It's also good just to "freshen up" your makeup throughout the day or just if you are hot and need a good mist! And it's only $7!

4. Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten
My obsession for cream eyeshadows continues. I was originally going to get Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in either R.S.V.P or Birthday Suit, but my Ulta was out of stock of both! So, I ventured over to Stila and picked up Kitten. It's a really pretty champagne gold color. I used this as a base before I applied the Melon pigment to make it stick and last longer.

5. INM Clear Bond Base Coat
I've been out of both my base coat and my top coat for a while now, and since I don't paint my nails very often I never thought to pick one up. I bought this with the Essie nail polish, because when I do paint my nails (especially darker colors) it stains my nails pretty badly and it's a pain to get off! I haven't tried this yet either, but I might post a review when I do!

I know everybody is probably tired of hearing this, but the giveaway ends in 2 DAYS! (on Friday). So enter if you haven't already!

What did you buy this week? Have you tried any of these items? Let me know your opinions!

12 comments:

Gemma-Louise said...

The blue nail polish looks so pretty, I always tend to go for blue polishes too there must be something about blue haha. I love the colour of the MAC pigment too. I'll look forward to your review on your new base coat.

GemmaLouise-xo
www.fashionisbeautybeautyisfashion.blogspot.com

Nejy said...

Nice Haul! I love the color of that Essie polish!!

Emily said...

That's amazing! $7 dollars for the mist! Thats super cheap for Mario Badescu! Love your posts :D
xoxo
Emily

Anonymous said...

completely agree with the blue nail varnish thing! and the mist sounds gorgeous. haven't been here for aaages, your blog header is amazing! and all these lovely followers, haha.

http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

Savannah said...

I love the Melon pigment, I use it all the time! I have Stila's Kitten eyeshadow and it's my favorite eyeshadow! Great haul!

xxx

Josie said...

I ADORE that pretty Essie shade! So fun for summer.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Jessica said...

You have now convinced me I need MAC melon pigment in my life! I'd love it if you could swatch it or show a look with it.

J said...

great products! i liked stila smudge pot but it dried out quickly for me if you are not careful with tightening the cap!

Vasu said...

Amazing finds....love the mac's pigment


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

vanilladreams said...

The Stila Smudge Pot is amazing! I love your blog!
I gave you an award, please claim it here: vanilladreamsblush.blogspot.com

erika sorocco said...

I have never tried any of these products myself; but I too am a huge fan of cream shadows - I've been using a Bronze-colored one from mark lately...love it! :)

AS said...

i cannot believe you have chocolate covered smores at work that sounds absolutely incredible - should not be thinking of chocolate this late at night. ive seen facial sprays popping up everywhere recently i think i really need to try one out i hate that powdery look makeup can leave xx