Monday, July 25, 2011

Normal Gaga?

I was meandering around Refinery29 just now and stumbled upon this article, showing Laday Gaga arriving in New York looking actually quite normal, which is a big shock coming from her.

image via refinery29

I'm a Gaga fan in general, so while I do think her crazy outfits are very out there, I give her props for them. I mean, it would be hard to pull off her outfits in everyday life, but it gives me inspiration to try new things (in terms of fashion and beauty) and think outside the box. But I also think it's a nice change up to see her in some normal clothing. She kept it pretty simple with all black with bright red lips and nails. I approve! But the question is: is this a one time thing or will she downplay her outfits more often?

My take on her normal outfit:

Inspired by: Normal Gaga
click on the picture for product information.

What do you think? Do you like Lady Gaga in her crazy outfits or something more normal like this? Do you think she will continue to "dress down"?

13 comments:

Gemma-Louise said...

I like the normal look much better

GemmaLouise-xo

erika sorocco said...

I LOVE how you recreated her look here, Gracey! Gaga is actually reminding me of Dita von Teese in these pictures - gorg! :)

Elle Sees said...

I was thinking Sofia Lauren (Italian actress and bombshell from way back) an inspiration.

Jessica said...

Well Gaga's stylist said that the next move for Gaga was to go back to a bit more normal clothing as a way of reinventing herself, so I guess it has begun?

asdfasdfasdf said...

a lot of her crazy outfits just seem like she's trying to get attention, i think this one here looks a lot better on her, too.

Bonnie said...

It is refreshing to see her in a normal outfit for a change. I think she should mix it up more and keep people guessing -- dress normal for a while, dress crazy for a while ...

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Arianne said...

that's as normal as she would get in public. I love it :D

Jesse said...

This is (aside from her hair) totally wearable and unexpected from her! I actually prefer it to her usual antics!

Josie said...

This may be her most unexpected look yet!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Elizabeth Faraday said...

like what....wow those shoes are gorgeous! she looks amazing...wow!!


Journal De Mode

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

what the heck? i never thought that she would dress "normally" >.< i always thought that she wore odd looking clothes, but i do have to admit that i love her music. i give her credit for that {;

-robots in trouble

NykkeyB said...

her outrageous looks are fun but she looks so gorgeous and classic in these photos.

NykkeyB said...

her outrageous looks are fun but she looks so gorgeous and classic in these photos.