Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I'm Loving: July

It's about that time again! Time for what I've been loving during the month of July. Woohoo!

What I'm Loving: July
click on the picture for product information

1. Revlon lipstick in Primrose- Being the beauty junkie that I am, I find it surprising that I don't like lipstick. Yeah, I said it, I don't like lipstick. It just feels so thick and heavy, and most of the time highlights the driest parts of your lips (which I happen to have a lot of). Plus my lips have a nice color to them on their own, so I never really found the need. I've been trying to get into lipstick though, and my favorite so far is Revlon's Primrose. It's a nice pink color with a bit of mauve in it. It's so great for everyday wear!

2. Philosophy Fresh Peaches with Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath- As mentioned in my Summer 2011 Wishlist, I did end up getting this little gem. My boyfriend bought it for me when we went to Ulta (hehe) and I absolutely love it. It is the PERFECT summer shower gel. I use it every time I shower, and it's a huge bottle so it will last a long time. I haven't used it as a shampoo or a bubble bath yet though, so I'm not so sure how well it works for those purposes. If you like the smell of peaches, this may be your new best friend.

3. Mario Badescu Facial Spray- I'm not writing out that long ass name, haha. But it's the only facial spray as of right now that Mario Badescu has. I LOVE this stuff. My skin tends to get dehydrated, and I've run out of my SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 gel sample, and I refuse to pay $70 for the full size. This has done a great job at keeping my skin hydrated, and its only $7! I spray it on at night sometimes before and sometimes after moisturizing. I also spray it on my face after I apply my setting powder to get rid of that powdery look I'm often left with. If they ever discontinue this stuff, I'm buying like 100 bottles of it.

4. Honey Bunches of Oats cereal- I used to think I didn't like this cereal (before I even tried it) because I like my super sweet cereals. Yeah, I still eat Lucky Charms. But I stayed at my boyfriend's house for a couple of weeks while we were waiting for our new place to be ready, and his mom buys a lot of healthy foods and this was the only cereal they had at the time. I was surprised that I actually really liked it! It's also way healthier than those sugary things that really shouldn't be sold as breakfast, haha. I also tried the one with cinnamon bunches which was good, but I like the original better.

5. Garnier Fructis Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer- I used to just use these by themselves, but I had some serious dark circles one morning and the Garnier Fructis eye roller alone just wasn't gonna cut it! So I added some MAC Pro Longwear concealer over it and those puppies were GONE. The only thing I don't like is that Pro Longwear concealer dispenses waaay more product than I need, so I end up wasting it. I haven't gotten around to MAC to ask for some sample containers to put it in yet.

6. Dunkin Donuts- 99 cents for any size sweet tea? Uhh yes! They also combined my 2 favorite doughnuts and made them into one- the Captain America doughnut! Vanilla frosted + jelly filled = YUMMY! I'm so sad it's only going to be there for a limited time though! If you haven't tried the Captain American doughnut yet, get your butt to DD right now!

7. Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette- Did I really need to spend $60 on this? No, but of course I just happened to be online when they released them on Ulta.com and I freaked out and bought it. The colors are gorgeous though, and are all new limited edition colors (even if some are similar to ones I already have). I'm kind of a palette addict, I prefer buying palettes over individual colors unless there is a specific individual color I want. The packaging is pretty but it kind of bothers me. The top gets fingerprints alllll over it, and the plastic surrounding the eyeshadows is purple and mirrored, which also kind of annoys me for some reason. It might just be me, but it makes it harder for me to see the true color of the shadow. Overall I do love the palette and I've used it pretty much everyday since I got it.

Well that's about it for this month! Don't forget to enter my Emma Kisstina MAC lipstick print giveaway! Do you love any of these? What are your favorites this month?

14 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love your loves! I'm a MB fanatic myself :)

Elle Sees said...

i have the roller ball! now i'm off to seek the MAc stuff. how much was it?

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

revlon in primrose... got it! i like the color so i think i'm gonna purchase one when i go to the store.

also, you're so funny! I've been thinking about going to dunkin donut for a while now. i just haven't gotten to it yet.

-robots in trouble

Anonymous said...

I love DD and HB of oats also!
(:
I love these posts!
<3 Lizzy

www.sparklealways.blogspot.com

Erica J said...

i want that UD palette! such pretty colors!

Arianne said...

honey bunches of oats is awesome :)

Savannah said...

Great faves! I love the "I just happened to be on Ulta.com when they released it so" ! I want that palette SOOOOOOO badly.

xxx

Bonnie said...

I love how you add Dunkin' Donuts in that list. It seems so out of place among all of those chic, girly items!!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Leigh said...

love love love philosophy products! i haven't tried this one, but it sounds amazing! great post-i love seeing what products bloggers are loving! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

erika sorocco said...

Philosophy Fresh Peaches with Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath seriously sounds incredible - I NEED to try it! :)

Donna said...

The peaches and cream shampoo sounds divine!! You have a wonderful blog by the way, I love it! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and will definitly check back for updates!! You're also incredibly beautiful (but you probably get that all of the time)!

All the best,
Voe.
_____________________
http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

AS said...

my favorite cereal is special K with chocolate bits in it - i mean what could be better than chocolate for breakfast?!

xx

Melanie said...

I love the Philosophy 3-in-1s! I just finished up one in Coconut Frosting. I've used it as a body wash and shampoo occasionally. Using it as a shampoo makes your hair super shiny! I probably wouldn't use it as a regular shampoo though. =p

Umm Dunkin Donuts hells yea! haha. I just got an iced coffee (aka delicious liquid sugar) there this morning.

http://beauty.adorability.org

Arielle said...

I'm sorry if I seem like such a creeper for always writing longass responses to ALL of your posts! But you're like officially my favorite beauty blogger and I just love reading your posts (usually when I see a lot of words I get bored and automatically click out, but with yours, I'm like OOH Gracey posted something else!). Anyways, I really wanted to try the dark circles roller because I thought my circles were hella bad, but I tried two peach-toned concealers for $1 each (ELF and Physicians formula that I got at the 99 cent store) and they're both really good so I guess all I needed was the right color base and that's it! Hahah. I'm getting OBSESSED with lipsticks, but I never have the guts to wear it. I got this really pretty red lipstick (Hot Red, the one I posted on your giveaway) and like I love it but I'm so chicken! I always have the confidence with out-there clothes but I guess I hate attention on my face! I wish I lived in the East Coast... us Californias don't have Dunkin :/ At least everywhere in California I've been!