Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Inspired by: Iced Passion Tea Lemonade

Yep, time for another inspired by post! This time I am being inspired by iced passion tea lemonade from Starbucks. Weird right? But it is such a cute color, especially for summer, and it's such a sweet, refreshing drink (and I'm craving one so bad now, but there is absolutely NO Starbucks in this town my dad lives in. Insanity!). I think this is the first time I've had outfits inspired by an object instead of a movie or something. Here goes nothing :)


Photo taken and (badly) edited by me haha :)

Outfit #1 Daytime

Product info: tank- Old navy, shorts- Almost Famous, sandals- Tory Burch, bag- Forever21, scarf- Debut, sunglasses- Ray Bans, nail polish- OPI.
The key to pulling off such a bold color is starting with a simple outfit, and then adding color with accessories. For this outfit I started with a simple white tank top and denim shorts, and added a dark pink (I'm not sure what color this is...I guess it's kind of a berry pink? If you know comment haha) and a similar color nail polish. Throw in a cute bag, sandals, and black Ray-bans to protect those eyes of yours and you're good to go :) Another idea would be to skip the scarf and layer a berry pink tank top underneath the white tank top (sorry, I don't have enough time to make another outfit, but you get the idea).

Outfit #2 Night time

Product info: dress- Opening Ceremony, heels- Cuteseygirl, clutch- Michael Kors, ring- Fashion addict, earrings- Tiffany's.
Again for night time, keep it simple with a little black dress, then accessorize. For the focal point of my outfit, I chose cute pumps and a big ring. Keep the rest of the outfit classy with simple earrings and a simple black clutch.

Well, that's about it for this post. Remember, keep it simple! Let me know what you think! Have you ever had passion tea lemonade?

18 comments:

Irunn2doorz said...

I have never had passion tea lemonade but it looks tasty. I really like the color and I am glad that you were able to find it and incorporate it into things that can actually be worn. Great job!

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla said...

I love the idea of creating a outfit around your favorite drink. Especially this one. Although I am a Black Tea Lemonade girl myself.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I tend to hate on Starbucks because I don't like coffee at all (I'm Colombian too- what a shame) and it's so overpriced. But that looks delicious, so I'll have to try out their Iced Teas this summer! Also, the first outfit is super cute. :)

Aubree said...

this is a fabulous idea, making outfits out of inspiration by something as simple as a drink. and now i really want one, they're delicious! haha.

Nikki said...

Omg Love the colour of the tea. I have been to starbucks for once :|

Nice outfit pics!

minnja said...

I love starbucks and yes, the teas there are amazing (even in Germany).

Great outfits, love them <3

LOVE, minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Sybil said...

omg!! i love this iced tea! i always order it when i hang out at starbucks.. so refreshing!

anyway, i love the pieces you came up with inspired by the drink!!! love the pop of pink for sure! :D

Animated Confessions

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Passion Tea Lemonade! Great inspiration :)

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely inspiration and looks, darling!
Especially loving the second one!

xoxox,
CC

Audrey Allure said...

Great outfits, and love that drink from Starbucks!

Ashleigh said...

So cute! Love the pops of pink! The heels are fabulous, off to get lost on CutesyGirl - thanks :)

Gets said...

That's a great inspiration post! :D Loving the nice hot pinks too, they're outstanding and bold and perfect for summer ((: Your outfits are really great, definitely going to try the out one day :D

Love,
Gets

Unknown said...

hey there. this is SUCH a cute blog, i'm so glad i came across it! love the OPI nail color and the black dress!

xoxo.

Amy said...

i need to try that drink, it sounds good! and you're very creative with using the starbucks drink to get inspired, i love it!

That extra sparkle said...

I like these outfits, you have a nice style!

http://all-eyes-on-me-hetty.blogspot.com/

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Yes! It's sooo good, and it really is such a pretty color. I like how you find inspiration in everyday things :)

xoxo, ashley

Arianne said...

I LOVE those pink heels!!! Wow these inspirations are awesome