Friday, June 4, 2010

Art Class Part 1

I had a great sophomore year, and every day I went to art class 6th period. It started out as 5 people: J1, J2, M., L., and me. First, this whole drama happened, and basically J1 and our art teacher did not get along, and he dropped the class. Then, L. decides she wants to get home schooled. So that leaves J2, M., and me. Then J2 had to get surgery. And once he got back, M. had to get surgery also. Bottom line, I spent a lot of time in that class all alone. I got a lot of artwork done, which I'm posting here. I'm planning on framing them and hanging them around my room.

Please excuse the bad quality, my camera was not cooperating. And my camera is also dying, so I could only get two pictures in, the rest are coming later. Let me know what you think (I'm no Picasso, this is my first real art class)


I used a grid to do this. I drew it in pencil and colored it in colored pencil. It's from some calender of vintage art, or something like that I don't really remember. Anyway I had a lot of fun doing this and I think it turned out really well.


This is a picture I drew of my dog, Duffy. Well, his full name is Sir McDuff V, but we call him Duffy. He is a west highland white terrier. It was drawn using a grid, and colored with pastels. It looks a lot better when you look at it far away, up close it makes me notice things I should've done differently.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

those are AMAZING! especially the dog - i am horrid at drawing animals lol

Gracey Williams said...

thank you :) haha I thought I was too until my art teacher made me use a grid, it makes things a lot easier.